More concepts of Information Technology, using word, spreadsheets, presentations & Improving Productivity using IT.
Module 3: Word processing, Module 4: Spreadsheets, Module 6: Presentation software & Improving Productivity using IT.
Word Processing Content:
- Opening and closing a word processing application and documents
- Saving and adjusting document settings
- Inserting, selecting and editing data
- Copying, moving and deleting text
- Search and replace
- Document and text Formatting
- Working with paragraphs, lists and borders
- Headers and footers
- Creating and working with tables
- Inserting and working photographs, clip-art images, and charts
- Preparing mail merge document and handling data sources
- Preparing output, setting up page values and printing documents
Spreadsheet Module Content:
- Creating and saving, opening and closing spreadsheets
- Adjusting settings and working with cells
- Editing data and handling rows and columns
- Copying, moving and deleting data
- Finding and replacing and sorting data
- Handling worksheets and working with formulas
- Cell referencing and working with functions (the IF function, count, etc.)
- Formatting cell contents: text, numbers and dates
- Working with alignments and border effects
- Creating and editing charts and graphs
- Setup and printing worksheets
Presentation Module Content:
- Opening and closing an application and presentations
- Adjusting settings and using presentation views
- Create/amend master slide and design templates
- Adding and editing text and formatting the slide layout
- Inserting images, creating charts and graphs
- Creating and editing drawing objects and organisational charts
- Copying, moving, and deleting objects
- Adding slide show effects – transitions and animations
- Preparing, printing and delivering presentations
Improving Productivity using IT Module Content:
- Understand purpose of IT solutions
- Plan, design, justify and create IT solution
- Select appropriate application
- Review and adapt project keeping in mind local & legal constraints
- Review outcomes and propose improvements
- Analyse and review benefits
- Develop and test solution
This is a course that results in a British Computer Society Qualification (ECDL Extra) a qualification recognised throughout Europe. These qualifications enable people to demonstrate their competence in computer skills and in particular Office applications.
Learners need to be confident in using a computer for creating a text document using the mouse and keyboard. Tutor interview is required.
British Computer Society Online Assessment.
British Computer Society
SCQF Level: 6
How much this course will cost?
Our fees are as follows for students living in UK or the European Union:
|Full Course (can be paid in instalments)||£300+ VAT|
Fees are payable in advance at the start of course unless otherwise agreed.
We also provide flexible fee instalments to help students in paying their fee.
Contact the college for more details.
No Reviews found for this course.