ICND2 Describe enhanced switching technologies (including: VTP, RSTP, VLAN, PVSTP, 802.1q)Configure, verify and troubleshoot a switch with VLANs and interswitch communications Describe how VLANs create logically separate networks and the …
Describe enhanced switching technologies (including: VTP, RSTP, VLAN, PVSTP, 802.1q)Configure, verify and troubleshoot a switch with VLANs and interswitch communications
- Describe how VLANs create logically separate networks and the need for routing between them
- Configure, verify, and troubleshoot VLANs
- Configure, verify, and troubleshoot trunking on Cisco switches
- Configure, verify, and troubleshoot interVLAN routing Configure, verify, and troubleshoot VTP
- Configure, verify, and troubleshoot RSTP operation
- Interpret the output of various show and debug commands to verify the operational status of a Cisco switched network
- Implement basic switch security (including: port security, unassigned ports, trunk access, etc.)
Implement an IP addressing scheme and IP Services to meet network requirements in a medium-size Enterprise branch office network
- Calculate and apply a VLSM IP addressing design to a network
- Determine the appropriate classless addressing scheme using VLSM and summarization to satisfy addressing requirements in a LAN/WAN environment
- Describe the technological requirements for running IPv6 (including: protocols, dual stack, tunneling, etc)
- Describe IPv6 addresses Identify and correct common problems associated with IP addressing and host configurations
Configure and troubleshoot basic operation and routing on Cisco devices
- Compare and contrast methods of routing and routing protocols
- Configure, verify and troubleshoot OSPF
- Configure, verify and troubleshoot EIGRP
- Verify configuration and connectivity using ping, traceroute, and telnet or SSH
- Troubleshoot routing implementation issues
- Verify router hardware and software operation using SHOW & DEBUG commands Implement basic router security
Implement, verify, and troubleshoot NAT and ACLs in a medium-size Enterprise branch office network.
- Describe the purpose and types of access control lists
- Configure and apply access control lists based on network filtering requirements
- Configure and apply an access control list to limit telnet and SSH access to the router
- Verify and monitor ACL’s in a network environment
- Troubleshoot ACL implementation issues
- Explain the basic operation of NAT
- Configure Network Address Translation for given network requirements using CLI
- Troubleshoot NAT implementation issues
Implement and verify WAN links
- Configure and verify Frame Relay on Cisco routers
- Troubleshoot WAN implementation issues
- Describe VPN technology (including: importance, benefits, role, impact, components)
- Configure and vary PPP connection between Cisco routers
This course is FREE (SAAS part-time funding) to anyone who is on benefits or earning £25,000 or less, given that they have not used SAAS/ILA funding towards any other course/training in the last 12 months.
Those in receipt of following benefits are automatically eligible:
- Jobseekers allowance
- Income support
- Incapacity Benefit/Employment Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit (minimum rate)
- Pension Credit
Apply for course funding
Our Courses are fully funded by SAAS: Student Awards Agency for Scotland
Please visit the SAAS website www.saas.gov.uk to see your eligibility.
For Students who don’t qualify for the above fundings:
How much this course will cost?
If for any reason you do not qualify for SAAS funding our fees are as follows for students living in UK or the European Union:
|Vender Neutral (can be paid in instalments)||£390+ VAT|
|SQA Accredited (PDA) (can be paid in instalments)||£390|
Fees are payable in advance at the start of course unless otherwise agreed.
We also provide flexible fee instalments to help students in paying their fee.
There are a number of other funding opportunities available to UK and EU students to help them to pay for their studies. Contact the college for more details.
No Reviews found for this course.