Microsoft Technical Specialist: Web Applications Development with Microsoft .Net Framework 4
Students will learn to develop advanced ASP.NET MVC and Web Forms applications using .NET Framework 4 tools and technologies.
The focus will be on coding activities that enhance the performance and scalability of the Web site application. ASP.NET MVC will be introduced and compared with Web Forms so that students know when & how this to be used.
Following are the core topics which are to be taught during the course delivery:
- Developing Web forms pages
- Developing and using web forms controls
- Implementing client-side scripting & AJAX
- Configuring & extending web applications.
- Displaying & Manipulating Data
- Developing a web application by using NET MVC2
What would a student attain on Course Completion?
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the underlying architecture and design of a Web application.
- Apply best practices and make appropriate trade-offs based on business requirements when designing a Web application.
- Develop MVC models.
- Develop MVC controllers.
- Develop MVC views.
- Optimize the design of a Web application for discoverability by search engines.
- Write server-side code for Web Forms.
- Optimize data management for Web Forms.
- Ensure quality by debugging, unit testing, and refactoring.
- Secure a Web application.
- Apply Master Pages and CSS for a consistent application UI.
- Develop client-side scripts and services for a responsive, rich, and interactive UI.
- Implement advanced AJAX in a Web application.
- Deploy a Web application.
- Develop a Web application by using Silverlight.
Technology used to deliver this course: Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
Microsoft Exam Code: 70-515
Credit toward Certification
When you pass Exam 70-515: TS: Web Applications Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4, you complete the requirements for the following certification(s):
- MCTS: .NET Framework 4, Web Applications
Exam 70-515: TS: Web Applications Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4: counts as credit toward the following certification(s):
- MCPD: Web Developer 4
Who should take this exam?
This exam tests the skills and knowledge necessary to implement and support a core Windows Server 2008 R2 infrastructure in an enterprise environment. Passing this exam validates a candidate’s ability to implement and configure Windows Server 2008 R2 application services, such as Web and Remote Desktop Services. Passing this exam confirms that a candidate has the skills and knowledge necessary for deploying, configuring and managing application infrastructure services in a Windows Server 2008 R2 environment.
This course is intended for professional Web developers who use Microsoft Visual Studio in a team-based, medium-sized to large development environment. Members of the audience have a minimum of two to three years of experience developing Web-based applications by using Microsoft Visual Studio and Microsoft ASP.NET. Members of the audience are experienced users of Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 SP1 and newer releases of the Visual Studio product. The audience understands how to use the new features of Visual Studio 2010.
- Knowledge of problem solving techniques that applies to software development.
- Experience of working with .Net Framework, preferably with Web Applications.
Classes’ duration for this particular course:
This course will be delivered on part time basis either 1 day a week or 3-4 hours over 10 weeks.
This course will run for 10-12 weeks in total (Including Exam Preparation).
Modes of Course Delivery & Attendance:
ITPT is currently providing different method of learning opportunities to our clients. Many people are looking for learning diversity to enhance their qualifications, but they don’t have the time to take on full-time instructor led study or attending courses regularly at their appropriate venues.
Online, distance and blended learning is a popular solution helping busy people study flexibly around their needs and requirements. We want to be the first choice for those potential online and distance learners so we are introducing variety of different study channels so the people can facilitate themselves accordingly.
Modes of Course Delivery
Modes of Attendance
|1. Instructor Led learning||1. Day Release|
|2. Blended learning||2. Weekends
|3. Distance Blended Learning
|4. Part Time|
We have made available diverse and flexible learning methods to accommodate a wider variety of learners:
- Support Available for Instructor led, blended & distance learning are:
- Direct telephone support with allocated mentor (during working hours)
- Email support
- Skype support
- SMS Support
- ITPT Student Portal that can be accessed via ITPT Website
- Study Materials (Hard Copy)
- Online materials (Soft copy)
- Instructor Slides available on our students portal
- Developing Web Forms Pages:
- Configure web forms pages
- Page directives such as ViewState, request validation, event validation, MasterPageFile; ClientIDMode; using web.config; setting the html doctype
- This objective does not include: referencing a master page; adding a title to a web form
- Implement master pages and themes
- Creating and applying themes; adding multiple content placeholders; nested master pages; control skins; passing messages between master pages; switching between themes at runtime; loading themes at run time; applying a validation schema
- This objective does not include: creating a master page; basic content pages
- Implement globalisation
- Resource files, browser files, CurrentCulture, currentUICulture, ASP:Localize
- Handle page lifecycle events
- IsPostback, IsValid, dynamically creating controls, control availability within the page lifecycle, accessing control values on postback, overriding page events
- Implement caching
- Data caching; page output caching; control output caching; cache dependencies; setting cache lifetimes; substitution control
- This objective does not include: distributed caching (Velocity)
- Manage state
- Server-side technologies, for example, session and application; client-side technologies, for example, cookies and ViewState; configuring session state (in proc, state server, Microsoft SQL Server; cookieless); session state compression; persisting data by using ViewState; compressing ViewState; moving ViewState
- Developing and Using Web Forms Controls:
- Validate user input
- Client side, server side and via AJAX; custom validation controls; regex validation; validation groups; datatype check; jQuery validation
- This objective does not include: RangeValidator and RequiredValidator
- Create page layout
- AssociatedControlID; Web parts; navigation controls; FileUpload controls
- This objective does not include: label; placeholder, panel controls; CSS, HTML, referencing CSS files, inlining
- Implement user controls
- Registering a control; adding a user control; referencing a user control; dynamically loading a user control; custom event; custom properties; setting toolbox visibility
- Implement server controls
- Composite controls, INamingContainer, adding a server control to the toolbox, global assembly cache, creating a custom control event, globally registering from web.config; TypeConverters
- This objective does not include: postback data handler, custom databound controls, templated control
- Manipulate user interface controls from code-behind
- HTML encoding to avoid cross-site scripting, navigating through and manipulating the control hierarchy; FindControl; controlRenderingCompatibilityVersion; URL encoding; RenderOuterTable
- This objective does not include: visibility, text, enabled properties
- Implementing Client-Side Scripting & AJAX:
- Referencing client ID; script manager; script combining; Page.clientscript.registerclientscriptblock; Page.clientscript.registerclientscriptinclude; sys.require (scriptloader)
- Alter a page dynamically by manipulating the DOM
- Using jQuery, adding, modifying or removing page elements, adding effects, jQuery selectors
- This objective does not include: AJAX
- DOM events, custom events, handling events by using jQuery
- Implement ASP.NET AJAX
- Client-side templating, creating a script service, extenders (ASP.NET AJAX control toolkit), interacting with the server, Microsoft AJAX client library, custom extenders; multiple update panels; triggers; UpdatePanel.UpdateMode; timer
- This objective does not include: basic update panel and progress
- Implement AJAX by using jQuery
- This objective does not include: creating a service
- Configuring & Extending Web Applications:
- Configure authentication and authorisation
- Using membership, using login controls, roles, location element, protecting an area of a site or a page
- This objective does not include: Windows Live; Microsoft Passport; Windows and forms authentication
- Configure providers
- Role, membership, personalisation, aspnet_regsql.exe
- This objective does not include: creating custom providers
- Create and configure HttpHandlers and HttpModules
- Generic handlers, asynchronous handlers, setting MIME types and other content headers, wiring modules to application events
- Configure initialisation and error handling
- Handling Application_Start, Session_Start and Application_BeginRequest in global.asax, capturing unhandled exceptions, custom error section of web.config, redirecting to an error page; try and catch; creating custom exceptions
- Reference and configure ASMX and WCF services
- Adding service reference, adding web reference, changing endpoints, wsdl.exe, svcutil.exe; updating service URL; shared WCF contracts assembly
- This objective does not include: creating WCF and ASMX services
- Configure projects and solutions, and reference assemblies
- Local assemblies, shared assemblies (global assembly cache), web application projects, solutions, settings file, configuring a web application by using web.config or multiple .config files; assemblyinfo
- Debug a web application
- Deploy a web application
- Pre-compilation, publishing methods (e.g., MSDeploy, xcopy, and FTP), deploying an MVC application
- This objective does not include: application pools, IIS configuration
- Displaying & Manipulating Data:
- Implement data-bound controls
- Advanced customisation of DataList, Repeater, ListView, FormsView, DetailsView, TreeView, DataPager, Chart, GridView
- This objective does not include: working in design mode
- Implement DataSource controls
- ObjectDataSource, LinqDataSource, XmlDataSource, SqlDataSource, QueryExtender, EntityDataSource
- This objective does not include: AccessDataSource, SiteMapDataSource
- Query and manipulate data by using LINQ
- Transforming data by using LINQ to create XML or JSON, LINQ to SQL, LINQ to entities, LINQ to objects, managing DataContext lifetime
- This objective does not include: basic LINQ to SQL
- Create and consume a data service
- WCF, web service; server to server calls; JSON serialisation, XML serialisation
- This objective does not include: client side, ADO.NET data services
- Create and configure a dynamic data project
- Dynamic data controls, custom field templates; connecting to DataContext and ObjectContext
- Developing a Web Application by Using NET MVC2:
- Create custom routes
- Route constraints, route defaults, ignore routes, custom route parameters
- Create controllers and actions
- Visual Studio support for right-click context menus; action filters (including Authorize, AcceptVerbs, and custom) and model binders; ActionResult sub-classes
- Structure an ASP.NET MVC application
- Single project areas (for example, route registration, Visual Studio tooling and inter-area links); organising controllers into areas; shared views; content files and folders
- Create and customise views
- Built-in and custom HTML helpers (for example, HTML.RenderAction and HTML.RenderPartial), strongly typed views, static page checking, templated input helpers, ViewMasterPage, ViewUserControl
- This objective does not include: Microsoft.Web.Mvc futures assembly
This course is FREE (SAAS part-time funding) to anyone who is on benefits or earning £25,000 or less, given that they have not used SAAS/ILA funding towards any other course/training in the last 12 months.
Those in receipt of following benefits are automatically eligible:
- Jobseekers allowance
- Income support
- Incapacity Benefit/Employment Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit (minimum rate)
- Pension Credit
Apply for course funding
Our Courses are fully funded by SAAS: Student Awards Agency for Scotland
Please visit the SAAS website www.saas.gov.uk to see your eligibility.
For Students who don’t qualify for the above fundings:
How much this course will cost?
If for any reason you do not qualify for SAAS funding our fees are as follows for students living in UK or the European Union:
|Web Applications (can be paid in instalments)||£400+VAT|
|Full MCSA Package (can be paid in instalments)||Please Enquire|
Fees are payable in advance at the start of course unless otherwise agreed.
We also provide flexible fee instalments to help students in paying their fee.
There are a number of other funding opportunities available to UK and EU students to help them to pay for their studies. Contact the college for more details.
No Reviews found for this course.