Android Application Development
Android Application Development is a 16 weeks course that provides the required knowledge and skills to design and build a complete Android™ application. It delivers extensive training on the main Android SDK components and its interactions. The course includes topics compatible with all Android versions up to Android 8 and the source code updated to API 27. The course consists of 16 lessons; the first couple of focus on programming fundamentals for candidates who do not have enough programming background. The other lessons focus on how to create Android applications from the beginner to the advanced level. The Android Application Development course includes: practical exercises and labs, easy to understand lesson plans, and is instructed by our fully qualified Instructors.
This Android Application Development course is adequate to provide trainees with the required knowledge and practical skills to be Android application developers. This course is mapped for AND-801 ATC exam.
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- Learn the essentials of the Programming Language and all topics related Android applications development.
- Design and build a complete Android application.
- Debug and maintain Android applications using different tools and plugins.
- Thoroughly understand the life-cycle of an Android application and its main components.
- Use external resources, manifest files, intents and adapters.
- Understand and use all Android persistent storage techniques: Preferences, files, databases, and content providers.
- Use Android’s background processing techniques.
- Build location-aware applications using GPS as a location provider and Google Maps.
After completing this course, you will be ready for the “Android Certified Application Developer” exam version 8 (exam code: AND-801).
Why Get an Android Application Development Certificate?
With IT job openings being created faster than trained people can be found to fill them, IT certification is the best way to open the door to a higher salary, more opportunities and career fulfilment.
Trained and certified IT professionals are needed worldwide.
More IT professionals are getting certified than ever before because IT certifications:
- Validate your knowledge and skills
- Help you remain competitive and employable
- Give you job proficiency more quickly
- Show dedication to your career
The IT training classes which we are currently offering are suitable for a wide range of candidates including:
- School Leavers
- Adult returnees to education
- Individuals who intend to leave school and further their career path in a college or equivalent
- Who are in employment and wish to enhance their career prospects
- Who wish to start a new career in IT
- Who wants to get a promotion at work
- Who want to upgrade their IT skills
- Who wish to study on a part-time (day or evening) or day-release mode
Classes Duration & Course delivery:
Android Application Development course will be delivered 1 day a week (part-time).
Modes of Learning:
ITPT is currently providing the different method of learning opportunities to our clients. Many people are looking for learning diversity to enhance their qualifications, but they don’t have the time to take on full-time instructor led study or attending courses regularly at their appropriate venues.
Online, distance and blended learning is a popular solution for helping busy people study flexibly around their needs and requirements. We want to be the first choice for those potential online and distance learners so we are introducing a variety of different study channels so the people can facilitate themselves accordingly.
Modes of Course Delivery
Modes of Attendance
|Instructor Led learning||Part Time|
|Distance Blended Learning||Evening|
Career Opportunities/ Job Roles:
Upon completion of related certification exams student will be able to advance in their career if they are currently in a related job role or be able to pursue roles in jobs such as:
- Application Developer
- Android Developer
- Android App Developer
- Mobile Games developer
Reasons You Should Get this Certification
- You’ll earn a higher salary
- Android app development skills are Globally required.
- It gives you a competitive edge
- You’ll get more opportunities
- Your skills will be universal.
You will be expected to attend an interview with a member of the course team. There will be a basic aptitude test to observe your understanding of this course. Course consultant will help you in filling forms and provide you further guidance if required.
This course is FREE (SAAS part-time funding) to anyone who is on benefits or earning £25,000 or less, given that they have not used SAAS/ILA funding towards any other course/training in the last 12 months.
Those in receipt of following benefits are automatically eligible:
- Jobseekers allowance
- Income support
- Incapacity Benefit/Employment Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit (minimum rate)
- Pension Credit
Apply for course funding
Our Courses are fully funded by SAAS: Student Awards Agency for Scotland
Please visit the SAAS website www.saas.gov.uk to see your eligibility.
For Students who don’t qualify for the above funding:
How much this course will cost?
If for any reason you do not qualify for SAAS funding our fees are as follows for students living in UK or the European Union:
Android Application Development
|Vendor Neutral (can be paid in instalments)||£650+ VAT|
|SQA Accredited (PDA) (can be paid in instalments)||£650|
Fees are payable in advance at the start of course unless otherwise agreed.
We also provide flexible fee instalments to help students in paying their fee.
There are a number of other funding opportunities available to UK and EU students to help them to pay for their studies. Contact the college for more details.
No Reviews found for this course.