This Cisco certification covers the securing of routers and switches and their associated networks. It leads to validated skills for installation, troubleshooting and monitoring of network devices to maintain integrity, confidentiality and availability of data and devices and develops competency in the technologies that are used in security infrastructure.
ITPT is currently offering a fully funded Cisco CCNA Security course. It is a great opportunity to be Cisco certified for those of you who would like to establish a career in Cisco Networking.
Cisco Certifications are globally recognised & respected. These skills bring valuable and measurable rewards to network professionals as well as to the organisations that employ them.
This course is considered as the next step for individuals who want to enhance their CCNA skills and help them meet the growing demand for network security professionals. The curriculum provides an introduction to the core security concepts and skills needed for the installation, troubleshooting, and monitoring of network devices to maintain the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of data and devices.
CCENT Certification/Course completed OR Equivalent course/certification/qualification
Upon completing this course you will be able to meet the following objectives:
- Explain network threats and the basics of securing a network
- Secure administrative access on Cisco routers
- Implement firewall technologies to secure the network perimeter
- Configure IPS to mitigate attacks on the network
- Describe LAN security considerations and implement endpoint and Layer 2 security features
- Describe methods for implementing data confidentiality and integrity
- Implement secure virtual private networks
- Given the security needs of an enterprise, create and implement a comprehensive security policy
- Implement firewall technologies using the ASA to secure the network perimeter
- Network Security Specialist
- Security Administrator
- Network Security Support Engineer
CCNA security incorporates hands-on lab-oriented course.
These courses are delivered on a part-time basis 14 hours per week, with 2 days per week, over four months.
Methods of Learning
Here at ITPT, we adopt three methods of learning to give opportunity to as many people as possible including people who have family or work commitment:
Blended distance learning classes
Distance learning classes
However way you chose to learn with ITPT, there always be a tutor to support you during your course whether you come to classes or work from home. The tutor support comes in the form of face-to-face, email, phone, skype.
Support Available for blended distance learning
- Direct telephone contact with allocated mentor
- Email support
- Skype support
CCNA security certification 210-260 is the first stage to study Network security and enhance your skills in that particular area. This Cisco course provides a good understanding and knowledge about what is beneficial to secure any network. It will also give you the opportunity to enter the world of security in general, understanding different type of attack and how to mitigate them.
Students who wish to attend this course should have a good knowledge about networking and network protocol
- Network security concept
- Network security threats
- Implementing AAA server
- Vpn technology and cryptography
- Secure routing and switching
- Intrusion detection/prevention system
- Mitigation threat for web based and email based threats
This course is FREE (SAAS part-time funding) to anyone who is on benefits or earning £25,000 or less, given that they have not used SAAS/ILA funding towards any other course/training in the last 12 months.
Those in receipt of following benefits are automatically eligible:
- Jobseekers allowance
- Income support
- Incapacity Benefit/Employment Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit (minimum rate)
- Pension Credit
Apply for course funding
Our Courses are fully funded by SAAS: Student Awards Agency for Scotland
Please visit the SAAS website www.saas.gov.uk to see your eligibility.
For Students who don’t qualify for the above fundings:
How much this course will cost?
If for any reason you do not qualify for SAAS funding our fees are as follows for students living in UK or the European Union:
|Vender Neutral (can be paid in instalments)||£600+ VAT|
|SQA Accredited (PDA) (can be paid in instalments)||£650|
Fees are payable in advance at the start of course unless otherwise agreed.
We also provide flexible fee instalments to help students in paying their fee.
There are a number of other funding opportunities available to UK and EU students to help them to pay for their studies. Contact the college for more details.
No Reviews found for this course.