CISCO IT Essentials covers fundamental computer and career skills for entry-level IT jobs. The IT Essentials curriculum includes hands-on labs that provide practical experience. Virtual tools help you hone your troubleshooting skills and practice what you learn.
- Develop working knowledge of how computers operate
- Develop critical thinking and complex problem-solving skills using hands-on labs and virtual learning tools
- Apply skills and procedures to install and upgrade hardware and software and troubleshoot systems
- Practice what you learn on real equipment and using the Cisco Packet Tracer simulation tool
- Get immediate feedback on your work through built-in quizzes and tests
- Get connected to the global Cisco Networking Academy community
Want to do this course in an accelerated Boot Camp? – read more
Why Get Certified
With IT job openings being created faster than trained people can be found to fill them, IT certification is the best way to open the door to a higher salary, more opportunities and career fulfilment.
Trained and certified IT professionals are needed worldwide.
More IT professionals are getting certified than ever before because IT certifications:
- Validate your knowledge and skills
- Help you remain competitive and employable
- Give you job proficiency more quickly
- Show dedication to your career
Who does this qualification suit to?
- IT Essentials is ideal for students seeking entry-level IT positions in companies, government agencies, educational institutions, or service providers, or to work for themselves.
- Any Individual wanting to start a IT career
- Any individual wanting to enhance IT Support Knowledge
Jobs Roles attainment on completion:
- Technical Support specialist
- Help desk Technician
- Network Support Technician
- Field service technician
- IT support technician
- IT support administrator
- IT support specialist
5 Reasons You Should Get this Certification:
- You’ll earn a higher salary
- Cisco IT Essential A+ is globally recognized
- It gives you a competitive edge
- You’ll get more opportunities
- Your skills will be universal.
In order to receive the certificate for the Cisco IT essential student must do CompTIA A+ certification; student must pass two exams;
- 220 – 801
- 220 – 802
Certificate Exam information:
|Exam Codes||CompTIA A+ 220-801 and CompTIA A+ 220-802|
|Number of Questions||Maximum of 90|
|Type of Questions||Multiple choice questions/ performance based|
|Length of Test||90 Minutes|
|Passing Score||CompTIA A+ 220-801: 675 (on a scale of 900)|
CompTIA A+ 220-802: 700 (on a scale of 900)
|Scottish Qualification Authority (SQA)||Course Awarding Body partner with Cisco|
|SQA PDA||Professional Development Award|
|SQA Points||80 Points will be awarded of completing this course successfully|
This course is FREE (SAAS part-time funding) to anyone who is on benefits or earning £25,000 or less, given that they have not used SAAS/ILA funding towards any other course/training in the last 12 months.
Those in receipt of following benefits are automatically eligible:
- Jobseekers allowance
- Income support
- Incapacity Benefit/Employment Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit (minimum rate)
- Pension Credit
Apply for course funding
Our Courses are fully funded by SAAS: Student Awards Agency for Scotland
Please visit the SAAS website www.saas.gov.uk to see your eligibility.
For Students who don’t qualify for the above fundings:
How much this course will cost?
If for any reason you do not qualify for SAAS funding our fees are as follows for students living in UK or the European Union:
Cisco IT Essential (COMPTIA A+ Exam)
|Vender Neutral (can be paid in instalments)||£550+ VAT|
|SQA Accredited (PDA) (can be paid in instalments)||£500|
Fees are payable in advance at the start of course unless otherwise agreed.
We also provide flexible fee instalments to help students in paying their fee.
There are a number of other funding opportunities available to UK and EU students to help them to pay for their studies. Contact the college for more details.