Database Programming with PL/SQL
The course is designed for those students interested in both designing databases and then implementing them to a professional standard using Oracle 11g Server.
Database Programming with PL/SQL
This course is designed to provide the student with the necessary tools and skills required to attain following certifications:
- Oracle PL/SQL Developer Certified Associate Certification(OCA PL/SQL)
- Oracle certified Associate – SQL Database Programmer(OCA SQL)
This program offers entry-level credential and designed to ensure the knowledge and proficiency to build database-centric Internet applications for Oracle by preparing student toward OCA SQL & PL/SQL
SQL is used to communicate with a database. According to ANSI (American National Standards Institute), it is the standard language for relational database management systems. SQL statements are used to perform tasks such as update data on a database, or retrieve data from a database. Some common relational database management systems that use SQL are: Oracle, Sybase, Microsoft SQL Server, Access, Ingres, etc. Although most database systems use SQL, most of them also have their own additional proprietary extensions that are usually only used on their system. However, the standard SQL commands such as “Select”, “Insert”, “Update”, “Delete”, “Create”, and “Drop” can be used to accomplish almost everything that one needs to do with a database. This tutorial will provide you with the instruction on the basics of each of these commands as well as allow you to put them to practice using the SQL Interpreter.
PL/SQL is a procedural language designed specifically to embrace SQL statements within its syntax. PL/SQL program units are compiled by the Oracle Database server and stored inside the database. And at run-time, both PL/SQL and SQL run within the same server process, bringing optimal efficiency. PL/SQL automatically inherits the robustness, security, and portability of the Oracle Database.
You Will Learn How To:
- Develop efficient PL/SQL programs to access Oracle databases
- Create stored procedures and functions for maximum reuse and easy code maintenance
- Design modular applications using packages
- Manage data retrieval for front-end applications
- Invoke native dynamic SQL to develop high-level abstract code
- Improve performance with collections and bulk operations
Hands-On Experience Includes:
- Encapsulating data manipulation statements in stored procedures
- Performing complex data manipulation with explicit cursors
- Leveraging EXCEPTIONs for graceful handling of runtime errors
- Creating triggers to handle data integrity and derivation
- Utilising weak and strong cursor variables for dynamic SQL
- Ease with using a computer
- General knowledge of databases and query activity
- This course helps students prepare for the following exams required for the Oracle PL/SQL Developer Certified Associate
Oracle Certified Exam
- Oracle Certified Associate Database Administrator (OCA DA) – Part 1 =>1z0-051
- Oracle Certified Associate – SQL (OCA SQL) => 1z0-071
- Oracle Certified Associate – PL/SQL (OCA SQL) => 1z0-071 & 1z0-0144
1. Oracle certified Associate – SQL Database Programmer (OCA SQL)
|1||Retrieving Data Using the SQL SELECT Statement|
|2||Restricting and Sorting Data|
|3||Using Single-Row Functions to Customize Output|
|4||Using Conversion Functions and Conditional Expressions|
|5||Reporting Aggregated Data Using the Group Functions|
|6||Displaying Data from Multiple Tables Using Joins|
|7||Using Subqueries to Solve Queries|
|8||Using the Set Operators|
|10||Using DDL Statements|
to Create and Manage Tables
|11||Creating Other Schema Objects|
|12||Practices and Solutions|
2. Oracle PL/SQL Developer Certified Associate Certification (OCA PL/SQL)
|1||Introduction to PL/SQL|
|2||Declaring PL/SQL Variables|
|3||Writing Executable Statements|
|4||Interacting with Oracle Database Server: SQL Statements in PL/SQL Programs|
|5||Writing Control Structures|
|6||Introduction to PL/SQL|
|7||Working with Composite Data Types|
|8||Using Explicit Cursors|
|12||Working with Packages|
|13||Using Oracle-Supplied Packages in Application|
|14||Development Using Dynamic SQL|
|15||Design Considerations for PL/SQL Code|
|17||Creating Compound, DDL, and Event Database|
This course is FREE (SAAS part-time funding) to anyone who is on benefits or earning £25,000 or less, given that they have not used SAAS/ILA funding towards any other course/training in the last 12 months.
Those in receipt of following benefits are automatically eligible:
- Jobseekers allowance
- Income support
- Incapacity Benefit/Employment Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit (minimum rate)
- Pension Credit
Apply for course funding
Our Courses are fully funded by SAAS: Student Awards Agency for Scotland
Please visit the SAAS website www.saas.gov.uk to see your eligibility.
For Students who don’t qualify for the above fundings:
How much this course will cost?
If for any reason you do not qualify for SAAS funding our fees are as follows for students living in UK or the European Union:
|Vender Neutral (can be paid in instalments)||£600+ VAT|
|SQA Accredited (PDA) (can be paid in instalments)||£600|
Fees are payable in advance at the start of course unless otherwise agreed.
We also provide flexible fee instalments to help students in paying their fee.
There are a number of other funding opportunities available to UK and EU students to help them to pay for their studies. Contact the college for more details.
No Reviews found for this course.