We are living in the age of information. Most of our information is digital.
Digital literacy is the solution to locate, organize, understand, evaluate, and analyze information using digital technology. It involves a working knowledge of current high-technology, and an understanding of how it can be used. Further, digital literacy involves a consciousness of the technological forces that affect culture and human behavior. Digitally literate people can communicate and work more efficiently, especially with those who possess the same knowledge and skills.
Research around digital literacy is concerned with wider aspects associated with learning how to effectively find, use, summarize, evaluate, create, and communicate information while using digital technologies, not just being literate at using a computer.
- Introduction to computer inputs and outputs
- Introduction to Microsoft Windows
- Essential commands, shortcut keys and personalized desktop
- Use of multimedia
- E-mail, send and receive e-mail
- Introduction to spreadsheets
- CV-writing and professional documentation
- Introduction to digital life style
- Social networking and Instant messaging
- Internet Browsing and effective methods of searching