Basic concepts of Information Technology, using a computer and managing files, information Network Services (Internet and E-mail).
ECDL Essentials Course Content
IT Security for Users Course Content:
- Day-to-day security risks and the laws and guidelines that affect the use of IT
- Appropriate methods to protect software and data from unauthorised use or malicious attack and to ensure the integrity of hardware
Computer Essentials Course Content:
- How to use the basic functions of the computer operating system to adjust system settings and user interface features, access system help functions, view basic system information and organise and store files and folders on appropriate storage media so that information is easy to find and retrieve
- How to work safely and minimise physical stress
- How to minimise risks from computer viruses and to keep information secure
- How to perform routine maintenance to IT systems
- How to handle routine IT problems
Online Essentials Course Content:
- Appropriate connection methods to access the internet
- Making the best use of browser software tools and techniques to search for, retrieve and exchange information using a browser or public search engine
- Making the best use of email software tools and techniques to send, receive, organise and store messages
- Safety, security and respect for others when working online
This is an ideal course if you would like to be able to use a computer with confidence and gain skills in the main Office applications. This qualification is part of the European Computer Driving Licence.
There are no formal entry requirements although confidence in using a mouse and keyboard is required. Tutor interview will be required.
In order to obtain the full Driving Licence consider ECDL Extra at Level 2.
British Computer Society Online Assessment
British Computer Society
SCQF Level: 4
How much will this course cost?
Our fees are as follows for students living in UK or the European Union:
|Full Course (can be paid in instalments)||£250+ VAT|
Fees are payable in advance at the start of course unless otherwise agreed.
We also provide flexible fee instalments to help students in paying their fee.
Contact the college for more details.
No Reviews found for this course.