HNC Administration & Information Technology
Progression To –
HND COMPUTING: Administration and Information Technology
Course Title: HNC Administration and Information Technology
Progression to: HND Administration and Information Technology
Group Award Code: GM10 15
SCQF Level: 7
Credit Value: 15
SCQF Points: 120
Duration: 1 Year
Modes of Study: Full Time – Part Time – Distance Learning
Sessions: Jan & Aug
The HNC Admin & IT course will provide you with useful foundations for a successful career in office administrative work. The course is intended at preparing students with a wide variety of skills, letting you to work in fundamentally any company, firm or business.
It is a broad-based course which will introduce you to, and develop your knowledge of, aspects of office technology & administration, the learners will also gain an understanding of IT skills, technical and administrative knowledge relevant to current practice, interpersonal skills relevant to an administrative role, personal effectiveness, communication, team projects, economics, presentation techniques, financial business transactions and account software. This course will allow students to study towards any conversant qualification in many of the skills that are in demand for many different types of career in Admin & Information Technology.
The HNC Admin & Information Technology from ITPT offers a range of broad based IT administration & support modules including modules that cover the element of MOS Office Applications (standard & expert), these technologies can be learned and mastered by completing the both HNC & HND.
How & who is teaching the course?
This inspiring, learner dedicated HNC Programme will be delivered to students by our highly professional teaching staff with significant office administration experience. All of them has got MSc and accredited certifications from vendor’s neutrals such as Microsoft, ICMA and Sage.
There will be a mixture of class lecturers, Labs, group projects and presentations.
What will you study?
Students will study a selection of appropriate units designed to develop student’s skills and competencies to enable further study in HND Administration & Information Technology or 2nd year in Degree Programme.
- IT in Business: Word Processing & Presentation Applications
- IT in Business: Spreadsheets
- IT in Business: Databases
- Office Administration
- Digital Technologies for Administrators
- Communication: Business Communication
- Recording Financial Transactions
- Personal Development Planning
- Administration and Information Technology: Graded Unit 1
Minimum Entry Requirements:
- One Higher and three National 5 qualifications OR
- One Higher and three Standard Grades at Credit Level OR
- Any relevant National Certificate Group Award at SCQF level 5 or 6 OR
- NPA in Administration and Office Skills (level 5)
- SVQ Business and Administration at SCQF level 5 or 6 OR
- PDA in Office Administration
- Relevant National Units at appropriate levels (eg achievement of the Core Skills entry profile)
- Other Equivalent qualifications from other Awarding Bodies
- Work Experience (Paid & Voluntary) administrative/reception/clerical/office work/ will also be considered OR
- Without formal qualifications may be accepted via interview depending on their nature of work involvement
Additional Selection Requirements:
All applications are subject to an interview to assess suitability in terms of academic qualifications and motivation. Reference will also be considered.
Students will be invited to a group and/or individual interview where they will get the opportunity to find out more about the course and to tell us why they are interested in this particular area.
Course Development Routes
This course integrates learning materials from industry standard vendors such as Microsoft, Office Applications which can help to prepare students for a variety of vendor certification exams.
On completion of this certificate or during the course, units relevant to any particular vendor’s certification students can appear to equip themselves with the global recognised and employers demand qualification from any of the following:
- MOS Word
- MOS Power Point
- MOS Access
- MOS Excel
All vendors external exams fee have to be borne by the students. But being a partner with Pearson & Certiport Testing Centre we can get student’s 15 – 40 % discounts on their exam vouchers. Pearson/Certiport Administrator will provide help and assistance for booking any Vendors specific external exam.
In HND, there will be more opportunity to learn further vendors based SQA units which will help students to attain further advanced vendors specific certificate which is today’s employers demand.
Progression route on course completion:
On completion of this course, candidates will move on to the following:
- 2nd year in HND Administration & Information Technology
- 2nd year of a relevant business, management, IT related degree or university which may include articulation arrangements with a variety of degree courses.
- Progression to employment
Graduates from this programme will be well-positioned to apply for industry jobs such as;
The forms are available to download from our website HNC Application Form or it can be collected from the Admissions Office (Admin upstairs) at ITPT Granton Campus.
1. SAAS – SAAS.GOV.COM
2. SDS – Flexible learning opportunity (who are currently employed in Scottish Based organisation not more than 100 employees can also apply for the course funding)
For Students who don’t qualify for the above fundings:
How much HNC/HND course will cost?
For students living (domiciled) in Scotland or the European Union and with a term time address in Scotland, the following fees will apply:
Higher National Awards (HNC, HND)
|Full-time per year (can be paid in instalments)||£1,285|
|Part-time (can be divided per unit)||£1,285|
For rest of UK students
For students living (domiciled) in rest of the UK (England, Wales and N. Ireland) and with a term time address in Scotland and studying this course, the following fees will apply:
Higher National Awards (HNC, HND)
|Full-time per year (can be paid in instalments)||£6,510|
|Part-time (can be divided per unit)||£4,510|
Fees are payable in advance each academic year unless otherwise agreed.
We also provide flexible fee instalments to help students in paying their fee.
There are a number of other funding opportunities available to UK and EU students to help them to pay for their studies and also to cover cost of living whilst studying. Contact the college for more details.
If you require further information please contact us at:
62 West Harbour Road
Phone: 0131 552 5558
0131 552 5800
50 Darnely Street
Phone: 0141 429 2922
No Reviews found for this course.