Course Title: HNC Data Analytics
Group Award Code: GMON 15
SCQF Level: 7
Credit Value: 15
SCQF Points: 120
Modes of Study: Distance Learning (part-time)
Duration: 2 Years
Intake: January and August
The HNC Data Analytics is designed for learners who choose to enhance their careers in the fields of Mathematics and Data Analytics. The HNC Data Analytics will provide students’ knowledge for a successful career in Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics and Computing. This course provides a comprehensive range of hypothetical knowledge and practical skills in the above said fields.
This course provides students with a foundation in areas such as Data Analytics, Software Development and Computer Science so they can make informed choices before specialising. Major opportunities exist for learners to develop the more generic skill, known as Core Skills (communication, Numeracy, ICT, Problem solving and working with others) through doing this qualification.
What will you study?
This qualification has been designed to provide a distinctive route within the suite of Vocational Computing awards. The qualifications will also prepare learners for progression to further education, Higher Education or occupational qualifications in the workplace.
- Mathematics: Calculus, Geometry, Analysis
- Statistics for Science
- Big Data
- Software Development: Introduction
- Software Programming Foundations
- Object Oriented Programming
- Computer Systems Fundamentals
Minimum Entry Requirements:
- Two new National Courses at Higher, one of which should be Mathematics at level B or above and one relevant computing related subject at grade C or above, based on the Curriculum for Excellence, together with three passes at National 5 level in appropriate subjects
- Different combinations of relevant National Qualifications, vocational qualifications and equivalent qualifications from other awarding bodies may also be acceptable, as would suitable vendor qualifications at an appropriate level
- Any other equivalent qualifications
- Relevant industrial experience will also be considered
Additional Selection Requirements:
All applications are subject to an interview to assess suitability in terms of academic qualifications and motivation. Reference will also be considered.
Students will be invited to a group and/or individual interview where they will get the opportunity to find out more about the course.
Course Development Routes
This qualification will prepare learners for progression to further education, Higher Education or occupational qualifications in the workplace.
All HNC Data Analytics students must complete the first year and choose from the following options for their proposed study in the second year:
- Progression to 1st or 2ndyear study in university
- Anticipating to progress directly to employment
- Advancement to other HND standardised courses
Progression Route on Course Completion
Successful completion of HNC in Data Analytics may provide access to 1st or 2nd year of the following degree courses at many universities in the region;
- BSc (Hons) Mathematics and Computer Science
- BSc (Hons) Data Analytics
- BSc (Hons) Computer Science
- BSc (Hons) Software Engineering
And/or relevant employment in the fields of data analytics, computing, statistics or mathematics.
Career Prospects & Job Roles
A career as a data analyst will suit learners if they are highly analytical, have strong mathematical skills, and are probing and inquisitive.
Data analysts are in high demand across all sectors, such as economics, consulting, engineering, pharmaceuticals, government and education.
Graduates from this programme will be well-positioned to apply for industry jobs such as;
- Business intelligence
- Data assurance
- Data quality
- Higher education
The forms are available to download from our website HND Application Form or it can be collected from the Admissions Office (Admin upstairs) at ITPT Granton Campus.
SAAS – SAAS.GOV.COM
Students who don’t qualify for the above fundings:
How much HNC/HND course will cost?
For students living (domiciled) in Scotland or the European Union and with a term-time address in Scotland, the following fees will apply:
Higher National Awards (HNC, HND)
|Full-time per year (can be paid in instalments)||£1,285|
|Part-time (can be divided per unit)||£1,285|
For the rest of UK students
For students living (domiciled) in the rest of the UK (England, Wales and N. Ireland) and with a term time address in Scotland and studying this course, the following fees will apply:
Higher National Awards (HNC, HND)
|Full-time per year (can be paid in instalments)||£6,510|
|Part-time (can be divided per unit)||£4,510|
Fees are payable in advance each academic year unless otherwise agreed.
We also provide flexible fee instalments to help students in paying their fee.
There are a number of other funding opportunities available to UK and EU students to help them to pay for their studies and also to cover the cost of living whilst studying. Contact ITPT for more details.
If you require further information please contact us at:
62 West Harbour Road
Phone: 0131 552 5558
0131 552 5800
50 Darnley Street
Phone: 0141 429 2922