Course Title: HNC Interactive Media
Progression to: HND Interactive Media
Group Award Code: G8LT 15
SCQF Level: 7
Credit Value: 15
SCQF Points: 120
Duration: 1 Year
Modes of Study: Full Time
Sessions: Jan & Aug
The HNC IT course will provide you with useful foundations for a successful career in computing technology. It is a broad-based course which will introduce you to, and develop your knowledge of, aspects of office technology, IT support, web technology, RDMS, Database analysis, design & programming.
This course is designed to develop experience and skills in creative interactive media with an emphasis on web design and development, animation and audio and video editing. Students will aim to produce a portfolio of work to represent their design and development skills.
- A practical focussed course teaching technical skills in a wide range of disciplines including web, mobile apps and computer games
- Encourages creative thinking in a variety of contexts for the creation of digital media including graphic design, video, audio and animation.
- Live projects give learners experience of working with real world clients on a number of exciting projects
What will you study?
Students will study a selection of appropriate units designed to develop student’s skills and competencies to enable further study in HND interactive media.
- Working within a Project Team
- 2D Animation
- Digital Imaging: Bitmap & Vector
- User Interface Design
- Client Side Scripting for Web Applications using CS5
- Interactive Media: Planning & Authoring
- Multimedia Computing: Audio & Video
- Working within a Project Team with Web Development
- Interactive Media: Graded Unit 1
The HNC Interactive media from ITPT offers a range of broad based IT administration & web development modules including modules that cover the vendor’s neutral element of Microsoft, Oracle and Adobe topics. These technologies can be learned and mastered by completing the both HNC & HND.
Minimum Entry Requirements:
- One Higher and three Intermediate 2 courses (including at least one from Computing); OR
- One Higher and three Standard Grades at Credit Level; OR
- One Higher and three National 5 qualifications; OR
- A national qualification at SCQF Level 6 in a related subject (such as Digital Media Computing, Computing: Technical Support or Networking); OR
- One Higher pass or an NC in a Computing subject (e.g. NC in Technical Support at an Intermediate 2 or equivalent) OR
- Other equivalent qualifications or computing experience will also be considered OR
- Applications are also invited from those without formal qualifications but who have relevant life and/or work experience
Additional Selection Requirements:
All applications are subject to an interview to assess suitability in terms of academic qualifications and motivation. Reference will also be considered.
Students will be invited to a group and/or individual interview where they will get the opportunity to find out more about the course and to tell us why they are interested in this particular area.
Course Development Routes
This course integrates learning materials from industry standard vendors such as Microsoft, Oracle and adobe which can help to prepare students for a variety of vendor certification exams.
On completion of this certificate or during the course, units relevant to any particular vendor’s certification students can appear to equip themselves with the globally recognised and employers demand qualification from any of the following:
- Oracle SQL
- Microsoft Web Development
- Microsoft Web Application
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Flash
All vendors external exams fee have to be borne by the students. Pearson/Certiport Administrator will provide help and assistance for booking any Vendors specific external exam.
In HND, there will be more opportunity to learn further vendors based SQA units which will help students to attain further vendors specific certificate which is today’s employer’s demand.
Progression route on course completion
On completion of this course, candidates will move on to the following:
- 2nd year in HND Interactive Media
- Entry into the first year of related degree programmes at most UK universities.
Graduates from this programme will be well-positioned to apply for industry jobs such as;
- Graphic Designer
- Website Designer
- Website Developer
- Software Application Developer
- Application Developer
- Computer Games Developer
- 3D Modeller
- 2D Modeller
- Visual Effects and CGI
- Video Production
- Audio Production
The forms are available to download from our website HND Application Form or it can be collected from the Admissions Office (Admin upstairs) at ITPT Granton Campus.
1. SAAS – SAAS.GOV.COM
2. SDS – Flexible learning opportunity (who are currently employed in Scottish Based organisation not more than 100 employees can also apply for the course funding)
For Students who don’t qualify for the above fundings:
How much will HNC/HND course cost?
For students living (domiciled) in Scotland or the European Union and with a term time address in Scotland, the following fees will apply:
Higher National Awards (HNC, HND)
|Full-time per year (can be paid in installments)||£1,285|
|Part-time (can be divided per unit)||£1,285|
For rest of UK students
For students living (domiciled) in rest of the UK (England, Wales and N. Ireland) and with a term time address in Scotland and studying this course, the following fees will apply:
Higher National Awards (HNC, HND)
|Full-time per year (can be paid in installments)||£6,510|
|Part-time (can be divided per unit)||£4,510|
Fees are payable in advance each academic year unless otherwise agreed.
We also provide flexible fee installments to help students in paying their fee.
There are a number of other funding opportunities available to UK and EU students to help them to pay for their studies and also to cover cost of living whilst studying. Contact the college for more details.
If you require further information please contact us at:
62 West Harbour Road
Phone: 0131 552 5558
0131 552 5800
50 Darnely Street
Phone: 0141 429 2922