HNC Technologies in Business
Progression To :-
HND Information Technology
It is a broad-based course which will introduce you to, and develop your knowledge of, aspects of office technology, IT support, web technology, RDMS, Database analysis, design & programming.
Course Title: HNC Technologies in Business
Progression to: HND Technologies in Business
Group Award Code: GN5N 15
SCQF Level: 7
Credit Value: 15
SCQF Points: 120
Duration: 1 Year
Modes of Study: Full Time – Part Time – Distance Learning
Sessions: Jan & Aug
The HNC IT course will provide you with useful foundations for a successful career in computing technology. It is a broad-based course which will introduce you to, and develop your knowledge of, aspects of office technology, IT support, web technology, RDMS, Database analysis, design & programming.
This course has been developed as a gateway to the IT sector. The learners will gain an understanding of computer software and hardware. This course will allow students to study towards an up-to-date qualification in many of the skills that are in demand for many different types of career in Information Technology.
What will you study?
Students will study a selection of appropriate units designed to develop student’s skills and competencies to enable further study in HND information Technology.
- Business Process Management: Introduction
- Communication: Business Communication
- Cyber Resilience
- Professionalism and Ethics in Computing
- Project Management Methodologies: Introduction
- Big Data
- Functional Areas of Business
- Technologies in Business: Graded Unit 1 (Exam)
The HNC Information Technology from ITPT offers a range of broad based IT administration & support modules including modules that covers the element of MOS office Applications (standard & expert), CompTIA Network, Oracle Database ( standard & advanced), MCSA Win7. These technologies can be learned and mastered by completing the both HNC & HND.
Minimum Entry Requirements:
- One Higher and three Intermediate 2 courses (including at least one from Computing); OR
- One Higher and three Standard Grades at Credit Level; OR
- One Higher and three National 5 qualifications; OR
- A national qualification at SCQF Level 6 in a related subject (such as Digital Media Computing, Computing: Technical Support or Networking); OR
- One Higher pass or an NC in a Computing subject (e.g. NC in Technical Support at an Intermediate 2 or equivalent) OR
- Other equivalent qualifications or computing experience will also be considered OR
- Applicants with relevant experience but without formal qualifications may be accepted via interview.
Additional Selection Requirements:
All applications are subject to an interview to assess suitability in terms of academic qualifications and motivation. Reference will also be considered.
Students will be invited to a group and/or individual interview where they will get the opportunity to find out more about the course and to tell us why they are interested in this particular area.
Course Development Routes
This course integrates learning materials from industry standard vendors such as Microsoft, CompTIA and Oracle which can help to prepare students for a variety of vendor certification exams.
On completion of this certificate or during the course, units relevant to any particular vendor’s certification students can appear to equip themselves with the globally recognised and employers demand qualification from any of the following:
- MOS Word
- MOS PowerPoint
- MOS Access
- MOS Excel
- MCSA Win 7/8/10 (Part)
- CompTIA N+
All vendors external exams fee have to be borne by the students. But being a partner with Pearson & Certiport Testing Centre we can get student’s 15 – 30 % discounts on their exam vouchers. Pearson/Certiport Administrator will provide help and assistance for booking any Vendors specific external exam.
In HND, there will be more opportunity to learn further vendors based SQA units which will help students to attain further vendors specific certificate which is today’s employer’s demand.
Progression route on course completion
On completion of this course, candidates will move on to the following:
- 2nd year in HND Computing: Information Technology
- Entry into the first year of related BSc Computing Degree programmes at most UK universities.
Graduates from this programme will be well-positioned to apply for industry jobs such as;
- IT Technician
- IT Support Technician
- Desktop Technician
- Network Administrator
- Network Support Technician
- Database Administrator
The forms are available to download from our website HNC Application Form or it can be collected from the Admissions Office (Admin upstairs) at ITPT Granton Campus.
1. SAAS – SAAS.GOV.COM
2. SDS – Flexible learning opportunity (who are currently employed in Scottish Based organisation not more than 100 employees can also apply for the course funding)
Students who don’t qualify for the above fundings:
How much will HNC/HND course cost?
For students living (domiciled) in Scotland or the European Union and with a term time address in Scotland, the following fees will apply:
Higher National Awards (HNC, HND)
|Full-time per year (can be paid in instalments)||£1,285|
|Part-time (can be divided per unit)||£1,285|
For rest of UK students
For students living (domiciled) in rest of the UK (England, Wales and N. Ireland) and with a term time address in Scotland and studying this course, the following fees will apply:
Higher National Awards (HNC, HND)
|Full-time per year (can be paid in instalments)||£6,510|
|Part-time (can be divided per unit)||£4,510|
Fees are payable in advance each academic year unless otherwise agreed.
We also provide flexible fee instalments to help students in paying their fee.
There are a number of other funding opportunities available to UK and EU students to help them to pay for their studies and also to cover the cost of living whilst studying. Contact the college for more details.
If you require further information please contact us at:
62 West Harbour Road
Phone: 0131 552 5558
0131 552 5800
50 Darnely Street
Phone: 0141 429 2922
No Reviews found for this course.