HND Interactive Media
Course Title: HND Interactive Media
Progression to: 2nd or 3rd Year Degree in Computing
Group Award Code: G9AY 16
SCQF Level: 8
Credit Value: 15
SCQF Points: 120
Duration: 1 Year
Modes of Study: Full Time – Part Time – Distance Learning
Starting from: Jan 2016 & Aug 2016
This course HND in Web Development is designed to develop experience and skills in creative interactive media with an emphasis on web design and development. Students will aim to produce a portfolio of work to represent their design and development skills. Students will learn to build dynamic websites that deliver content in a variety of formats for computers, smartphones and tablets. You will have access to current smartphones and tablets for testing your mobile websites.
The course HND in Digital Content introduces you to both client and server side technologies with opportunities to prepare and develop web interfaces and multimedia rich content incorporating Photoshop and Illustrator and a range of other Adobe products. The faculty has access to the full Adobe suite which can be utilised to produce creative and engaging media content for inclusion within your websites.
- A practical focussed course teaching technical skills in a wide range of disciplines including web, mobile apps and computer games
- Encourages creative thinking in a variety of contexts for the creation of digital media including graphic design, video, audio and animation.
- Live projects give learners experience of working with real world clients on a number of exciting projects
What will you study?
Students will study a selection of appropriate units designed to develop student’s skills and competencies to enable further study in interactive media further by joining any university in UK.
- Human Computer Interface
- Designing & Developing Interactive Products
- Digital Imaging: Advanced Bitmap Techniques
- Sound & Vision for Interactivity
- Interactive Media Composition
- Multimedia Computing: Audio & Video
- Building an e-Business
- Project Management for IT
- Digital Portfolio
- Developing Rich Internet Applications
- Self-Describing Data (XML)
- Web Development: Dynamically Generated Content
- Interactive Media: Graded Unit 1
Minimum Entry Requirements:
- HNC in Interactive Media in Digital Content or Web Development or Multimedia
- Vendors Neutral Certificates / Qualifications are also accepted
- Other equivalent qualifications or computing experience will also be considered OR
- Applications are also invited from those without formal qualifications but who have relevant life and/or work experience
Additional Selection Requirements:
All applications are subject to an interview to assess suitability in terms of academic qualifications and motivation. Reference will also be considered.
Students will be invited for a group and/or individual interview where they will get the opportunity to find out more about the course and to tell us why they are interested in this particular area.
Course Development Routes
This course integrates learning materials from industry standard vendors such as Microsoft, Oracle and adobe which can help to prepare students for a variety of vendor certification exams.
On completion of this certificate or during the course, units relevant to any particular vendor’s certification students can appear to equip themselves with the global recognised and employers demand qualification from any of the following:
- Oracle SQL
- Microsoft Web Development
- Microsoft Web Application
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Flash
- Adobe illustrator
All vendors external exams fee has to be borne by the students. Pearson/Certiport Administrator will provide help and assistance for booking any Vendors specific external exam.
In HND, there will be more opportunity to learn further vendors based SQA units which will help students to attain further vendors specific certificate which is today’s employers demand.
Progression route on course completion
On completion of this course, candidates will move on to the following:
- Entry into the 2nd or 3rd year of related degree programmes at most UK universities.
Graduates from this programme will be well-positioned to apply for industry jobs such as;
- Graphic Designer
- Website Designer
- Website Developer
- Software Application Developer
- Application Developer
- Computer Games Developer
- 3D Modeller
- 2D Modeller
- Visual Effects and CGI
- Video Production
- Audio Production
- Interface Design
- Web Designer and Developer
- Content Creator
- Multimedia Development Specialist
- Project Manager
The forms are available to download from our website HND Application Form or it can be collected from the Admissions Office (Admin upstairs) at ITPT Granton Campus.
1. SAAS – SAAS.GOV.COM
2. SDS – Flexible learning opportunity (who are currently employed in Scottish Based organisation not more than 100 employees can also apply for the course funding)
For Students who don’t qualify for the above fundings:
How much HNC/HND course will cost?
For students living (domiciled) in Scotland or the European Union and with a term time address in Scotland, the following fees will apply:
Higher National Awards (HNC, HND)
|Full-time per year (can be paid in instalments)||£1,285|
|Part-time (can be divided per unit)||£1,285|
For rest of UK students
For students living (domiciled) in rest of the UK (England, Wales and N. Ireland) and with a term time address in Scotland and studying this course, the following fees will apply:
Higher National Awards (HNC, HND)
|Full-time per year (can be paid in instalments)||£6,510|
|Part-time (can be divided per unit)||£4,510|
Fees are payable in advance each academic year unless otherwise agreed.
We also provide flexible fee instalments to help students in paying their fee.
There are a number of other funding opportunities available to UK and EU students to help them to pay for their studies and also to cover cost of living whilst studying. Contact the college for more details.
If you require further information please contact us at:
Email: [email protected]
62 West Harbour Road
Phone: 0131 552 5558
0131 552 5800
50 Darnely Street
Phone: 0141 429 2922
No Reviews found for this course.