ITIL Foundation v3
ITIL Foundation v3
The ITIL Foundation course is designed to enable an individual to understand the importance of service management, both to the IT service provider and to its customers.
ITIL Foundation v3 course is designed to provide the student with the necessary tools and skills required to attain an ITIL v3 Foundation certificate. The Foundation exam is the entry level certification and offers you a general awareness of the key elements, concepts and terminology used in the ITIL® service lifecycle, including the links between lifecycle stages, the processes used and their contribution to service management practices.
Students will also be introduced to the service lifecycle, its processes, and the functions which carry out those processes. Specifically, it shows how the ITIL best practice framework can be used to improve the quality, effectiveness and efficiency of service management in every type of organization.
- Service Strategy
- Service Design
- Service Transition
- Service Operation
- Continual Service Improvement
Candidates can expect to gain knowledge and understanding in the following upon successful completion of the education and examination components related to this certification.
- Generic concepts and definitions
- Selected processes
- Selected functions
- Selected roles
- Technology and architecture
- Competence and training
- Service management as a practice
- The ITIL service lifecycle
- Key principles and models
Exam Certification Preparation
Candidates can choose any of the following exam certifications:
Exam Title: ITIL V3 Foundation
Learning &Teaching Methods
- Students will review ITIL v3 Foundation course, and develop advanced knowledge, this will be re-enforced with practical implementations of key principles.
- Where possible, virtual environments will be used to create real-life integrated environments in which students can learn to integrate security in a safe and controlled manner.
- The exam at the end of each course will involve understanding the design, implementation, evaluation and critical analysis of ITIL v3 Foundation.
- Students can download at the start of the module, an e-Book, teaching pack, and so on. Full on-line support is integrated. The package also contains tests, stimulating challenges, demonstration movies, and automated updates.
Upon completion of course and passing of the ITIL v3 Foundation exam. The student will be able to advance in their career in their present jobs or be able to pursue roles in jobs such as:
- Systems Administrator
- Network Administrator
- 3rd Line IT Support
- Computer Network Specialist
What this Qualification prepares you for?
The students will be provided with equipment, techniques, technologies, and methodologies that are standard across the world. Companies utilise some form of IT Support Helpdesk. ITIL v3 Foundation is used in virtually every region of every country in the World, and thus has excellent internationalisation. Management of the ITIL products is necessary and students should be able to understand how proper management of an ITIL system is able to catapult an organisations policies and procedures.
Modes of Learning:
ITPT is currently providing different method of learning opportunities to our students. Many people are looking for learning diversity to enhance their qualifications, but they don’t have the time to take on full-time instructor led study or attending courses regularly at their appropriate venues.
Online, distance and blended learning is a popular solution helping busy people study flexibly around their needs and requirements. We want to be the first choice for those potential online and distance learners so we are introducing a variety of different study channels so the people can facilitate themselves accordingly.
- This course will be delivered on a part time basis 1 day a week, 7 hours a day.
- This course will run for 4 months, 16 – 18 weeks in total.
Student Support during & after the course:
- Course materials
- Lab based experience
- Hands out during the course delivery
- Access to ITPT Students Website Portal
- In house course completion certificate will be awarded on successful completion
- SQA Credits Points
- Work experience letter will be awarded if attended.
- One to one interaction with the instructor (for special required students)
- Disabled candidates accommodations
- Job hunting help is aligned with our courses.
- Extra days to use ITPT labs besides their normal course days
- Borrowing books
- CV building help
This course is FREE (SAAS part-time funding) to anyone who is receiving state benefits or earning £25,000 or less, given that they have not used SAAS/ILA funding towards any other course/training in the last 12 months.
Those in receipt of following benefits are automatically eligible:
- Jobseekers allowance
- Income support
- Incapacity Benefit/Employment Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit (minimum rate)
- Pension Credit
Apply for course funding
Our Courses are fully funded by SAAS: Student Awards Agency for Scotland
Please visit the SAAS website www.saas.gov.uk to see your eligibility.
For Students who don’t qualify for the above fundings:
How much will this course cost?
If for any reason you do not qualify for SAAS funding our fees are as follows for students living in UK or the European Union:
|Full Course (can be paid in instalments)||£500+VAT|
Fees are payable in advance at the start of course unless otherwise agreed.
We also provide flexible fee instalments to help students in paying their fee.
There are a number of other funding opportunities available to UK and EU students to help them to pay for their studies. Contact the college for more details.
No Reviews found for this course.