Web Development for Kids – HTML5 & CSS3
For age 10-17. You’ll learn how to create and share the content on your own web pages. After deciding what content you want to share with the world, you’ll learn how to structure and style your pages using HTML and CSS. By the end of the course, you’ll have a personal website that you can publish to the Internet.
The Internet has become the primary source of information for most students, but few are critical consumers of that information. Understanding how that information ends up online and who controls it will make students better consumers of information.
Students will find empowerment through the realization that they too can take part in this creation and dissemination of information by creating their own web pages. Students will take a more critical look at the web pages that are created by others to look for what makes a strong website and then use the problem solving process to implement parts of those designs.
Students will spend most of the course in building up their personal portfolio website which can be used later published on the Internet to show off their work! Each step builds on the previous so it is important that students complete each step.
Below are the topics and the activities students do in each Web Development Camp:
- Design your Home page on paper
- Start your Hobbies and Recipe pages
- Start your About Me page
- Fix bugs in your website
- Add style to your About Me page
- Add more styling to your About Me page
- Create your home page on the computer AND Bring together your Hobbies, Recipe, About Me and Home pages into one website
- Add special styling to website using classes
- Receive feedback from peers to help improve your website
- Review your website and publish it for the first time!
- Optimize your website for search engines
- Add a Cause page and make sure to give credit to any work you used that is not your own
- Finalize your website!
Age Range: 10 – 17 years.
Course Fee: £95