MAC OPERATING SYSTEM® X
Your kid will explore the environment of Mac OS X 10.6 and learn to use its various applications such as Safari, iChat, and iLife. Your kid will also use the OS to manage files and folders, save information, and manage storage space.
Upon successful completion of this course, your kid will be able to:
- examine and explore the user interface elements of Mac OS X v10.6.
- manage files and folders so that you can retrieve required files, when needed.
- create, format, and edit documents, and also make a printout of essential documents.
- browse the Internet by using the Safari web browser.
- use the iLife Application suite to record music using different instruments, import and host photos, create movies, and host all of them on the web.
- manage memory and storage space on your computer.
Topic 1: Getting Started with Mac
- Topic 1A: Work with the Desktop Elements
- Topic 1B: Explore the Applications in Mac
- Topic 1C: Use the Dashboard
- Topic 1D: Manipulate the Dock Elements
- Topic 1E: Set System Preferences
- Topic 1F: Get Help Using the Mac Help Window
Topic 2: Managing Files and Folders
- Topic 2A: Create a Folder
- Topic 2B: Set Folder Display Options
- Topic 2C: Work with Finder
Topic 3: Working with Data
- Topic 3A: Create a TextEdit Document
- Topic 3B: Insert Objects in a Document
- Topic 3C: Format a Document
- Topic 3D: Edit a Document
- Topic 3E: Print a Document
Topic 4: Browsing the Internet
- Topic 4A: Familiarize Yourself with the Internet
- Topic 4B: Browse Websites by Using Safari
- Topic 4C: Send Email
- Topic 4D: Use iChat
- Topic 4E: Use iCal
Topic 5: Working with iLife Applications
- Topic 5A: Work with GarageBand
- Topic 5B: Work with iPhoto
- Topic 5C: Work with iMovie
- Topic 5D: Work with iDVD
- Topic 5E: Work with iWeb
Topic 6: Managing Storage Space
- Topic 6A: Determine Memory and Storage Capacity
- Topic 6B: Organize Files on a Hard Disk
- Topic 6C: Use Removable Media
No Reviews found for this course.