PDA Web Development
This Professional Development Award (PDA) is one of a suite that was designed to incorporate the knowledge and understanding required by popular Vendors’ Neutral award into SQA’s Higher National frameworks.
Adobe Dreamweaver training courses are perfect to confer you the skills required to design and build your own thrilling websites. If you’d like to experiment in designing and creating your own web pages, Dreamweaver is one of the industry-standard applications that can help your creative ideas come alive. You will have gone right from conceptualising how your site should be planned through to uploading it into your web breathing space. Work through the processes that building a web design layout entails, and become a confident user of HTML and CSS styling to ensure your web page is fully purposeful and elegant.
The PDA Web Development also offers a number of shorter curricula that are related to SQA HN Units. These are also assessed by means of restricted response questions and practical labs and so can give credit transfer to complete units.
The PDA comprises 04 Higher National units which are mapped to the Adobe Dreamweaver CC exam qualification.
The SQA units are as follows:
|Unit Titles||Unit Codes||SCQF Points||SCQF Level||SQA Credit Value|
|Web Development: Essential|
|Web Development: Complex|
Good to have some prior basic programming experience at level 6, or relevant experience.
This statement is about access to the Professional Development Awards as a whole. However, in addition to the detail which follows, part of the specification of each and every unit includes recommended access levels. Students should normally be expected to satisfy both sets of access requirements.
Different combinations of relevant National Qualifications, Vocational Qualifications and equivalent qualifications from other awarding bodies may also be acceptable, as would suitable vendor qualifications at an appropriate level.
Mature candidates with suitable work experience may be accepted for entry provided the enrolling Centre believes that the candidate is likely to benefit from undertaking the award.
It would be advisable for all candidates to have some prior knowledge of computing or information technology although formal qualifications may not be necessary if suitable experience had been gained informally or through work experience.
Such work experience may provide inferred or actual evidence of a candidate’s skills and knowledge as they apply either to particular units.
Vendors Neutral & SQA Credits Award Progression:
Candidates will acquire 32 SCQF credit which can be used to get exemptions towards HNC Interactive media/Digital Design/Web Development or any other course which has a combination of both existing units in this PDA qualification.
Candidates who successfully completed this PDA would have the knowledge and skills required to sit for the Adobe Dreamweaver CC relevant exams.
Exams Certifications & Recommended Training
|Exam Required||Recommended Training|
Why Get Certified:
With IT job openings being created faster than trained people can be found to fill them, IT certification is the best way to open the door to a higher salary, more opportunities and career fulfilment.
Trained and certified IT professionals are needed worldwide.
More IT professionals are getting certified than ever before because IT certifications:
- Validate your knowledge and skills
- Help you remain competitive and employable
- Give you job proficiency more quickly
- Show dedication to your career
This award covers the knowledge and understanding associated with the Adobe qualification and will be attractive to candidates who are looking for employment at an entry-level position or higher. It would also be suitable for those wishing to prepare for career advancement in their organisation.
The IT training classes which we are currently offering are suitable for a wide range of candidates including:
- School leavers
- Adult returnees to education
- Individuals who intend to leave school and further their career path in a college or equivalent
- Individuals who are in employment and wish to enhance their career prospects
- Individuals who wish to start a new career in IT
- Individuals who wants to get promotion at work
- Individuals who wants to upgrade in their IT skills
- Individuals who intend to progress their career after the study of either the NQ in Computing, the NQ in Information Systems
- Individuals who intend to progress their career after the study of the PDA into further study at HN level
- Individuals who wish to study on a part-time (day or evening) or day-release mode
Classes Duration & Course delivery:
This course will be delivered 1day a week, 3 – 7 hours a week, one full classroom for 4 months.
Modes of Learning:
ITPT is currently providing different methods of learning opportunities to our clients. Many people are looking for learning diversity to enhance their qualifications, but they don’t have the time to take on full-time instructor led study or attending courses regularly at their appropriate venues.
Online, distance and blended learning is a popular solution helping busy people study flexibly around their needs and requirements. We want to be the first choice for those potential online and distance learners so we are introducing a variety of different study channels so the people can facilitate themselves accordingly.
Modes of Course Delivery
Modes of Attendance
|1. Instructor Led learning|
|2. Blended learning|
|3. Distance Blended Learning|
Career Opportunities/ Job Roles:
Upon completion of module, the passing of the Microsoft exams and the attainment of the MCSA certification. The student will be able to advance in their career if their present jobs or be able to pursue roles in jobs such as:
Some of the most common job roles for those that hold an MCSA qualification are:
- Systems Analyst
- Support Engineer
- Infrastructure Engineer
- 3rd Line Support Technician
- Systems Administrator
5 Reasons You Should Get this Certification:
- You’ll earn a higher salary
- Microsoft Certification is globally recognized
- It gives you a competitive edge
- You’ll get more opportunities
- Your skills will be universal.
What would you learn at the end of course completion?
At the end of the award candidates will be able to:
- Install a client operating system
- Implement and administer resources
- Implement, manage and troubleshoot hardware devices and drivers
- Monitor and optimize system performance and reliability
- Configure and troubleshoot the desktop environment
- Implement network protocols and services
- Implement, monitor and troubleshoot security
- Manage and maintain physical and logical devices
- Manage users, computers and groups
- Manage and maintain access to resources
- Manage and maintain a server environment
- Manage and implement disaster recovery
- Implement, manage and maintain IP addressing
- Implement, manage and maintain name resolution
- Implement, manage and maintain network security
- Implement, manage and maintain remote access
- Maintain a network infrastructure
You will be expected to attend an interview with a member of the course team. There will be a basic aptitude test to observe your understanding of this course. Course consultant will help you in filling forms and provide you further guidance if required.
This course is FREE (SAAS part-time funding) to anyone who is on benefits or earning £25,000 or less, given that they have not used SAAS/ILA funding towards any other course/training in the last 12 months.
Those in receipt of the following benefits are automatically eligible:
- Jobseekers allowance
- Income support
- Incapacity Benefit/Employment Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit (minimum rate)
- Pension Credit
Apply for course funding
Our Courses are fully funded by SAAS: Student Awards Agency for Scotland
Please visit the SAAS website www.saas.gov.uk to see your eligibility.
For Students who don’t qualify for the above fundings:
How much will this course cost?
If for any reason you do not qualify for SAAS funding our fees are as follows for students living in the UK or the European Union:
PDA Web Development
|Full Course (can be paid in installments)||£500|
Fees are payable in advance at the start of the course unless otherwise agreed.
We also provide flexible fee installments to help students in paying their fees.
There are a number of other funding opportunities available to UK and EU students to help them to pay for their studies. Contact the college for more details.