This course is designed to provide the student with the necessary tools and skills required to attain a MCSE: Windows Server 2012 Certification. The MCSE certificate is designed to further expand on previous knowledge attained from the MCSA: Windows Server 2012 by delving into advanced features of Windows Server 2012. In order to attain the MCSE title, it is compulsory to first finish the first three exams: 70-410, 70-411 and 70-412 thus attaining a MCSA Certification. The MCSE is designed to accommodate experienced Systems administrators looking to add this certification to their portfolio to aid towards their career ascension.
The students will be provided with equipment, techniques, technologies, and methodologies that are standard across the world. Virtually all companies utilise some form of Windows Operating System and its application is vast. Windows Operating Systems and its certification are used in virtually every region of every country in the World, and thus has excellent internationalisation. Implementing and subsequent management of windows server products is necessary and students should be able to understand how proper management of a windows server system can result in a successful system or the demise of one.
- Students will review a number of difference implementations for Windows Server 2012, and develop advanced knowledge in these, this will be re-enforced with practical implementations of key principles.
- Where possible, virtual environments will be used to create real-life integrated environments in which students can learn to integrate security in a safe and controlled manner.
- The exam at the end of each course will involve understanding the design, implementation, evaluation and critical analysis of Windows Server 2012.
- Students can downloadat the start of the module, an e-Book, teaching pack, and so on. Full on-line support is integrated. The package also contains tests, stimulating challenges, demonstration movies, and automated updates.
Each individual course has an exam which upon completion provides the student with a Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) Certificate. In order for the student to attain a MCSE: Server Infrastructure, successful completion of two exams is required. The exam number and course are:
- 70-413: Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure
- 70-414: Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure
Each course would be comprised of a theory session followed by lab session to apply theory learnt via practical implementations. Subsequently each course contains several modules which the student needs to complete in order to be ready for the exam.
|1||Planning Server Upgrade and Migration|
|2||Planning and Implementing a Server Deployment Strategy|
|3||Planning and Deploying Servers Using Virtual Machine Manager|
|4||Designing and Maintaining an IP Configuration and Address Management Solution|
|5||Designing and Implementing Name Resolution|
|6||Designing and Implementing an Active Directory Domain Services Forest and Domain Infrastructure|
|7||Designing and Implementing an AD DS Organizational Unit Infrastructure|
|8||Designing and Implementing a Group Policy Object Strategy|
|9||Designing and Implementing an AD DS Physical Topology|
|10||Planning and Implementing Storage and File Services|
|11||Designing and Implementing Network Protection|
|12||Designing and Implementing Remote Access Services|
|1||Overview of Management in an Enterprise Data Center|
|2||Planning and Implementing a Server Virtualization Strategy|
|3||Planning and Implementing Networks and Storage for Virtualization|
|4||Planning and Deploying Virtual Machines|
|5||Planning and Implementing a Virtualization Administration Solution|
|6||Planning and Implementing a Server Monitoring Strategy|
|7||Planning and Implementing High Availability for File Services and Applications|
|8||Planning and Implementing a High Availability Infrastructure Using Failover Clustering|
|9||Planning and Implementing a Business Continuity Strategy|
|10||Planning and Implementing an Public Key Infrastructure|
|11||Planning and Implementing an Identity Federation Infrastructure|
|12||Planning and Implementing Data Access for Users and Devices|
|13||Planning and Implementing an Information Rights Management Infrastructure|
The student would be provided with the necessary tools and skills and services required to pass each individual exam, these are in the form of:
- Course materials.
- Lab based experience.
- Volunteer work experience.
- In house course completion certificate will be awarded on completion.
- Work experience letter will be given on completion.
- One to one interaction with the instructor.
- Special accommodation to disabled candidates.
- Disabled access.
- Special assistance provide to those who has learning disabilities.
- CV building help.
- Job hunting help is aligned with our courses.
The following is a point by point breakdown of the outcome for completing each course. Each course is displayed in its own separate section:
- Plan server upgrade and migration.
- Plan and implement a server deployment strategy.
- Plan and deploy servers by using System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager (VMM).
- Design and maintain an IP configuration and address management solution.
- Design and implement name resolution.
- Design and implement an AD DS forest and domain infrastructure.
- Design and implement an AD DS organizational unit (OU) infrastructure.
- Design and implement a Group Policy Object (GPO) strategy.
- Design and implement an AD DS physical topology.
- Plan and implement storage and file services.
- Design and implement network protection.
- Design and implement remote access services.
- Describe an enterprise data center.
- Plan and implement a server virtualization strategy using System Center 2012.
- Plan and implement the network and storage infrastructure required to deploy a virtualized server infrastructure.
- Plan and deploy virtual machines on Windows Hyper-V®.
- Plan and implement a virtualization administration solution by using System Center 2012.
- Plan and implement a server monitoring strategy using the Windows Server 2012 tools and using Microsoft System Center 2012 – Operations Manager.
- Plan and implement an application and a file services infrastructure that is highly available.
- Plan and implement a highly available server infrastructure by using the failover clustering features in Windows Server 2012.
- Plan and implement a business continuity strategy in a Windows Server 2012 environment.
- Plan and implement a PKI deployment, and plan and implement a certificate management solution.
- Plan and implement an AD FS server deployment and claims aware application access.
- Plan and implement Dynamic Access Control, Workplace Join and Work Folders.
- Plan and implement an AD RMS deployment, plan and manage AD RMS templates and access, and plan and implement external access to AD RMS services.
The technology can be used by any student, and there are no barriers to equality or diversity. The material will be available in a wide range offormats, including a printed version, and an electronic version. All the lectures will be available on-line, and a narrative of the material covered in the lecture.
Upon completion of module, passing of the Microsoft exams and the attainment of the MCSA certification. The student will be able to advance in their career if their present jobs or be able to pursue roles in jobs such as:
- Information Technology (IT) Manager
- Network Manager
- Systems Engineer, IT
- Support Engineer, Information Technology (IT)
- Information Technology (IT) Director
- Systems Administrator
- Systems Engineer (Computer Networking / IT)
Whilst the market is always shifting in terms of salary expectations, there is always a demand for qualified IT professionals with accredited certifications attained from IT vendors. The salary margin is based on a few factors namely the whether the individual has attained an IT certification from the vendor as well as having already attained an academic degree as well as the or in the absence of the latter, specifies the type of salary an individual would receive.
As of April 2016 the following rates can be determined and merely provides an idea of what the salary range would be, based on the factors presented previously. The following information was taken from www.payscale.com based on the National Salary Data in the United Kingdom.
|Popular Cities||Expected Salary Range|
|London||£28,752 – £58,772|
|Manchester||£21,208 – £44,581|
|Reading||£18,116 – £45,277|
|Bristol||£32,500 – £48,000|
|Birmingham||£28,550 – £45,000|
Table 1 – Salary Based by City
|Popular Companies||Expected Salary Range|
|CCE Technical Services||£24,450|
|Lockheed Martin Corp||£18,000|
Table 2 – Salary Based by Company
For Students who don’t qualify for the above fundings:
How much this course will cost?
If for any reason you do not qualify for SAAS funding our fees are as follows for students living in UK or the European Union:
|MCSE Server Module (can be paid in instalments)||£1200+VAT|
|Full Package (can be paid in instalments)||Please Enquire|
Fees are payable in advance at the start of course unless otherwise agreed.
We also provide flexible fee instalments to help students in paying their fee.
There are a number of other funding opportunities available to UK and EU students to help them to pay for their studies. Contact the college for more details.
No Reviews found for this course.