Edinburgh EH5 1PW
CCNA Security is a job role based certification for Security Specialists, Security Administrators, and Network Security Support Engineers. This certification validates skills including installation, troubleshooting and monitoring of network devices to maintain integrity, confidentiality and availability of data and devices and develops competency in the technologies that Cisco uses in its security structure.
Students completing the recommended Cisco training will gain an introduction to security technologies as well as how to develop security policies and mitigate risks. IT organizations that employ CCNA Security-holders will have IT staff that can develop a security infrastructure, recognize threats and vulnerabilities to networks, and mitigate security threats.
• Understanding, implementing, and verifying AAA (authentication, authorization, and accounting), including the details of TACACS+ and RADIUS
• Understanding and describing the various methods for filtering implemented by firewalls, including stateful filtering.
• Compare and contrast the strengths and weaknesses of the various firewall technologies.
• Image Understanding the methods that a firewall may use to implement
Network Address Translation (NAT) and Port Address Translation (PAT).
• Comparing and contrasting intrusion prevention systems (IPS) versus intrusion detection systems (IDS), including the pros and cons of each and the methods used by these systems for identifying malicious traffic
• Finally, understanding virtual private networks (VPNs), including the concepts of symmetrical, asymmetrical, encryption, hashing, Internet Key Exchange (IKE), public key infrastructure (PKI), authentication, Diffie-Hellman, certificate authorities, and so on
Hands on Experience
Hands on experience will be provided on latest live Routers, Switches & Cisco Security Devices.
Modes of Learning:
Our taught and revision courses are flexible and you may choose from the following modes of attendance to suite your personal circumstances.
1. Tutor Led Learning
2. Blended Distance Learning
3. Distance Learning
What ITPT will be providing?
==> MOODLE Access: We provide MOODLE access to students where they can access Tutor PowerPoint slides, lecture Recordings, Course Materials and Labs.
==> Lab based experience
==> Work Shops
==> Hands out during the course delivery
==> Volunteer work experience (provided if offer by any of our IT Support Associates)
==> In house course completion certificate will be awarded on successful completion
==> SCQF Credit Points are embedded into this qualification
==> Work experience letter will be awarded if attended.
==> Disabled candidates accommodations
==> Job hunting help is aligned with our courses.
==> Extra days to use ITPT labs besides their normal course days
==> Borrowing books
==> CV building help & Job hunting help is aligned with our courses.
Course Tuition Fees
This course is FREE to anyone who is on benefits or earning £25,000 or less, given that they have not used SAAS/ILA funding towards any other course/training in the last 12 months.
Those in receipt of following benefits are automatically eligible:
• Jobseekers allowance
• Income support
• Incapacity Benefit/Employment Support Allowance
• Child Tax Credit (minimum rate)
• Pension Credit
• Many More………
If any student do not qualify for the SAAS, DWP or SDS funding then they can also self-finance this course.
This course is charged at £650.
Manageable instalments are also available.
For more information please do contact us on 0131 552 5558 / [email protected]
Note: Payment can be made by instalment if authorised by IT Operations (ITPT).
Students has to pay for their external exam which is conducted by Pearson Vue Testing centre; we will be helping throughout exam booking process.