WordPress is the Worlds well-known publishing platform of the choice of million websites and blogs, Including the most well known and high profile websites of the World. It is very simple to install, doesn’t require much technical knowledge and simple to get started with. Because it is a very powerful tool so it requires some knowledge and guidance to get the best out of it. You may have already tried to set up WordPress but got lost in the technical stuff. This course will set you back on the right track.
There are no prerequisites for WordPress course. However, a basic understanding of HTML and CSS will help.
The main objective of this course is to teach you how to create a professional and good looking website using WordPress.
You will also gain valuable knowledge and understanding of how websites are built and how to enhance them using best practice SEO, this means you will have an excellent foundation from which to progress your web development career and knowledge, and you will be able to confidently liaise with other website developers.
Creating posts and pages
• Formatting text
• Publishing and scheduling posts
• Adding images, audio, and video
• Bulk editing posts and pages
• Customizing themes and menus
• Using widgets
• Extending WordPress with plugins
• Editing users profiles
• Configuring settings
• Getting new readers
• Keeping WordPress up to date and secure
You will also learn to
• set up and run a website of your own
• add content, images and videos
• add structure and navigation menus
• apply an attractive design using easy templates
• make the site search engine friendly
• add contact forms, maps and take payments
• add social networking and track visitors
• learn to add all the features and functionality you need to run and develop a fantastic website
Target Audience for WordPress Course
• Total beginners
• Looking to make the first website
• Looking to start a Blog
• Web designers
• Internet consultants
• IT professionals
• Web and graphic artists
• Business professionals
Mode of Learning:
ELearning/Online Distance Learning
What we will be providing?
1. Online integrated course materials
2. Assisted by Tutor
3. Moodle Access
4. Office 365 1TB of space for the course work
SAAS Course Funding:
This course is funded by SAAS part time fee agency which is available to eligible individuals only:
SAAS General funding eligibility requirement:
1. You have to be a resident of Scotland
2. Either employed and earning less than 25k a year or can be unemployed as well
3. Have not used the SAAS funding in this Academic Year.
For more information on this, please visit the following link:
To check your funding eligibility:
Please follow the below link to check your course funding eligibility.
How to apply?
Please post your application forms along with the required supporting documents at the following address:
IT Professional Training (ITPT) – Edinburgh Centre
62 West Harbour Road,
IT Professional Training (ITPT) – Glasgow Centre
50 Darnley Street,
If you have any questions in regards to the above than please ask. Our Edinburgh office is open Monday to Saturday, 9:00am to 5:00pm.
Edinburgh: 0131 552 5558 – 552 5800
Glasgow: 0141 429 2922