The CompTIA A+ certificate is widely recognized and prepares the individual to enter the market as PC Technician. The CompTIA A+ certification is the industry standard for validating vendor-neutral skills expected for an entry level computer technician and will open the door for an exciting career in computer technology
This course is also known as Gateway to IT world.
• Windows Operating Systems
• Software Troubleshooting
• Hardware & Network Troubleshooting
• Mobile Devices
• Other Operating system & Technologies
• Operational Procedures
Basic Computer understanding- No prerequisite set up by CompTIA
• Supporting Operating Systems
• Installing and Configuring PC Components
• Installing, Configuring, and Troubleshooting Display and Multimedia Devices
• Installing, Configuring, and Troubleshooting Storage Devices
• Installing, Configuring, and Troubleshooting Internal System Components
• Installing, Configuring, and Maintaining Operating Systems
• Maintaining and Troubleshooting Microsoft Windows
• Network Infrastructure Concepts
• Configuring and Troubleshooting Networks
• Managing Users, Workstations, and Shared Resources
• Implementing Client Virtualization and Cloud Computing
• Security Concepts
• Securing Workstations and Data
• Troubleshooting Workstation Security Issues
• Supporting and Troubleshooting Laptops
• Supporting and Troubleshooting Mobile Devices
• Installing, Configuring, and Troubleshooting Print Devices
• Implementing Operational Procedures
Exams & Recommended Training
Candidates can choose any of the following exam certifications:
Certification (Exam Title): CompTIA A+
Certification (Exam Code): 1001 – 1002
Core 1 (220-1001) and Core 2 (220-1002) exams covering the following new content:
• Demonstrate baseline security skills for IT support professionals
• Configure device operating systems, including Windows, Mac, Linux, Chrome OS, Android and iOS and administer client-based as well as cloud-based (SaaS) software
• Troubleshoot and problem solve core service and support challenges while applying best practices for documentation, change management, and scripting
• Support basic IT infrastructure and networking
• Configure and support PC, mobile and IoT device hardware
• Implement basic data backup and recovery methods and apply data storage and management best practices
Hands on Experience
We have a work shop where we provide all type of PC, Laptop spare parts to our clients to get experience. Students will get the chance to assemble and disassemble desktop and /Laptop computers under the supervision of our experienced IT support Instructor. Configuring WLAN, Routers, Shared Printer Networking etc.
This course will be delivered one day a week, one full classroom and will run for 4 months.
Modes of Course Delivery:
1. Tutor Led learning – Face to Face (in class)
2. Tutor Led learning – Virtual (online class)
Modes of Attendance:
1. Part Time
SAAS Part Time full funding is also available for this course.
Our Vendors Neutral Courses are funded by:
Student Awards Agency for Scotland (SAAS)
Please visit the SAAS website to see your eligibility.
Direct link for funding application form:www.saas.gov.uk/forms_and_guides/part_time.html
Students intending to use a Part Time Fee Grant to fund their studies should apply for this as soon as possible and prior to the start date of their course. When you have completed the application form an ITPT Course/Guidance Adviser from the IT Professional Training is required to complete the relevant section to authorise your application to SAAS within the deadline, if your application is successful you will be sent an award letter which you should then submit to our Finance department to complete payment.
In some cases we do allow students to enrol and wait for the funding to process if the course date is near or gone past so please contact us to discuss this with our administrators.
What ITPT do to help students for SAAS funding application forms?
We help our students in filling forms so don’t worry just make an appointment and pop along (Phone and in person appointments are available), our dedicated course consultants will be happy to assist you accordingly.
Self–funding the Course Tuition Fees:
This course can also be self-funded if any learner do not qualify for the funding. Please contact us for the price, fee can also be paid in manageable instalments.
For more information please do contact us on 0131 552 5558 – 0131 552 5800 / firstname.lastname@example.org