The CompTIA A+ certificate is widely recognized and prepares the individual to enter the market as PC Technician. The CompTIA A+ certification is the industry standard for validating vendor-neutral skills expected for an entry level computer technician and will open the door for an exciting career in computer technology.
This course is also known as Gateway to IT world.
The CompTIA A+ certification ensures that the successful candidate has the important knowledge and skills necessary. CompTIA A+ certification exam objectives and provide expertise to work with mobile devices, networking technology, hardware, installing and configuring operating systems, expanded security, software troubleshooting, and more.
CompTIA A+ 220-1001 covers mobile devices, networking technology, hardware, virtualization and cloud computing and network troubleshooting. CompTIA A+ 220-1002 covers installing and configuring operating systems, expanded security, software troubleshooting and operational procedures.
Basic Computer understanding- No prerequisite set up by CompTIA
* Supporting Operating Systems
* Installing and Configuring PC Components
* Installing, Configuring, and Troubleshooting Display and Multimedia Devices
* Installing, Configuring, and Troubleshooting Storage Devices
* Installing, Configuring, and Troubleshooting Internal System Components
* Installing, Configuring, and Maintaining Operating Systems
* Maintaining and Troubleshooting Microsoft Windows
* Network Infrastructure Concepts
* Configuring and Troubleshooting Networks
* Managing Users, Workstations, and Shared Resources
* Implementing Client Virtualization and Cloud Computing
* Security Concepts
* Securing Workstations and Data
* Troubleshooting Workstation Security Issues
* Supporting and Troubleshooting Laptops
* Supporting and Troubleshooting Mobile Devices
* Installing, Configuring, and Troubleshooting Print Devices
* Implementing Operational Procedures
Exams & Recommended Training
Candidates can choose any of the following exam certifications:
Exam Title: CompTIA A+
Exam Code: 1001 – 1002
Mode of Learning:
ELearning/Online Distance Learning
What we will be providing?
1. Online integrated course materials
2. Assisted by Tutor
3. Moodle Access
4. Office 365 1TB of space for the course work
SAAS Course Funding:
This course is funded by SAAS part time fee agency which is available to eligible individuals only:
SAAS General funding eligibility requirement:
1. You have to be a resident of Scotland
2. Either employed and earning less than 25k a year or can be unemployed as well
3. Have not used the SAAS funding in this Academic Year.
For more information on this, please visit the following link:
To check your funding eligibility:
Please follow the below link to check your course funding eligibility.
How to apply?
Please post your application forms along with the required supporting documents at the following address:
IT Professional Training (ITPT) – Edinburgh Centre
62 West Harbour Road,
IT Professional Training (ITPT) – Glasgow Centre
50 Darnley Street,
If you have any questions in regards to the above than please ask. Our Edinburgh office is open Monday to Saturday, 9:00am to 5:00pm.
Edinburgh: 0131 552 5558 – 552 5800
Glasgow: 0141 429 2922