The CompTIA A+ certificate is widely recognized and prepares the individual to enter the market as PC Technician. The CompTIA A+ certification is the industry standard for validating vendor-neutral skills expected for an entry level computer technician and will open the door for an exciting career in computer technology
This course is also known as Gateway to IT world.
The CompTIA A+ certification ensures that the successful candidate has the important knowledge and skills necessary (Exam 1001) to covers the fundamentals of computer technology, installation and configuration of PCs, laptops and related hardware, and basic networking. Exam 1002 covers the skills required to install and configure PC operating systems, as well as configuring common features (e.g. network connectivity and email) for mobile operating systems Android and Apple iOS.
Exams & Recommended Training
Candidates can choose any of the following exam certifications:
Exam Title: CompTIA A+
Exam Code: 1001 – 1002
The recently updated CompTIA A+ Essentials curriculum prepares students for the CompTIA A+ certification. CompTIA A+ Essentials can be followed by specialist exams for IT Technicians, Remote Support and Depot Technicians.
We also discounted vouchers from CompTIA exam as being a Pearson Vue Authorized Testing center.
Basic Computer understanding- No prerequisite set up by CompTIA
1. Introduction to the Personal Computer (PC)
2. Safety Lab procedure
3. Computer Assembly — Step by Step
4. Basics of Preventive Maintenance and Troubleshooting
5. Fundamental Operating Systems
6. Fundamental Laptops and Portable Devices
7. Fundamental Printers and Scanners
8. Fundamental Networks
9. Fundamental Security
10. Communication Skills
11. Advanced Personal Computers
12. Advanced Operating Systems
13. Advanced Laptops and Portable Devices
14. Advanced Printers and Scanners
15. Advanced Networks
16. Advanced Security
Please email us for the detailed course contents.
SQA Framework for COMPTIA Course:
The CompTIA program also offers a number of shorter curricula which are related to SQA HN Units. These are also assessed by means of restricted response questions and practical labs and so can give credit transfer to complete units. The total credit of 48 can be achieved on passing SQA exams successfully at no additional cost..
Hands on Experience
We have a work shop where we provide all type of PC, Laptop spare parts to our clients to get experience. Students will get the chance to assemble and disassemble desktop and /Laptop computers under the supervision of our experienced IT support Instructor. Configuring WLAN, Routers, Access Point, Shared Printer Networking etc.
What ITPT will be providing?
1. Course materials
2. Lab based experience
3. Work Shops
4. Hands out during the course delivery
5. Access to ITPT Students Website Portal
6. Volunteer work experience (provided if offer by any of our IT Support Associates)
7. In house course completion certificate will be awarded on successful completion.
8. Work experience letter will be awarded if attended.
9. One to one interaction with the instructor (for special required students)
10. Disabled candidates accommodations
11. Job hunting help is aligned with our courses.
12. Extra days to use ITPT labs besides their normal course days
13. Borrowing books
14. CV building help.
This course will be delivered 1 day a week, 6 hours a week, one full classroom.
4 months (16 weeks) in total.
Modes of Course Delivery & Attendance:
ITPT is currently providing different method of learning opportunities to our clients. Many people are looking for learning diversity to enhance their qualifications, but they don’t have the time to take on full-time instructor led study or attending courses regularly at their appropriate venues.
Online, distance and blended learning is a popular solution helping busy people study flexibly around their needs and requirements. We want to be the first choice for those potential online and distance learners so we are introducing variety of different study channels so the people can facilitate themselves accordingly.
Modes of Course Delivery
Modes of Attendance
1. Instructor Led learning
1. Part Time
1. Blended learning
1. Distance Blended Learning
Method of Provision/ Student Support:
We have made available diverse and flexible learning methods to accommodate a wider variety of learners:
ITPT Moodle Access:
We provide MOODLE access to students where they can access the following;
1. lecture Recordings
2. Lecture PowerPoint
3. Course Materials
5. Group Chat
6. Expert Advice
Our Courses & Training Classes Suit the following:
The IT training classes which we are currently offering are suitable for a wide range of candidates including:
1. School leavers
2. Adult returnees to education
3. Individuals who intend to leave school and further their career path in a college or equivalent
4. Individuals who are in employment and wish to enhance their career prospects
5. Individuals who wish to start a new career in IT
6. Individuals who wants to get promotion at work
7. Individuals who wants to upgrade in their IT skills
8. Individuals who intend to progress their career after the study of either the NQ in Computing, the NQ in Information Systems
9. Individuals who intend to progress their career after the study of the PDA into further study at HN level
10. Individuals who wish to study on a part-time (day or evening) or day-release mode
SAAS Part Time full funding is also available for this course.
[saas_logo]Our Vendors Neutral Cisco Courses are funded by:
Student Awards Agency for Scotland (SAAS)
Please visit the SAAS website to see your eligibility.
Direct link for funding application form:www.saas.gov.uk/forms_and_guides/part_time.html
Students intending to use a Part Time Fee Grant to fund their studies should apply for this as soon as possible and prior to the start date of their course. When you have completed the application form an ITPT Course/Guidance Adviser from the IT Professional Training is required to complete the relevant section to authorise your application to SAAS within the deadline, if your application is successful you will be sent an award letter which you should then submit to our Finance department to complete payment.
In some cases, we do allow students to enrol and wait for the funding to process if the course date is near or gone past so please contact us to discuss this with ITPT administrators.
What ITPT do to help students for SAAS funding application forms?
We help our students in filling forms so don’t worry just make an appointment and pop along, our dedicated course consultants will be happy to assist you accordingly.
Course Tuition Fees: If not applicable for the SAAS Part Time Funding
If any student does not qualify for the SAAS, DWP or SDS funding then they can also self-finance this course. Please contact us for the price and manageable instalments option is available.
There are further discounts if there a group of students or delegates from the company like to attend this course.
For more information please do contact us on 0141 429 2922 / email@example.com