CompTIA Security+ is a global certification that validates the baseline skills which an individual need to perform core security functions and pursue towards an IT security career. It establishes the core knowledge required of any cybersecurity role and provides a starting-off-point to medium level cybersecurity jobs.
· Security+ course unwraps the door towards cybersecurity career.
· This course is ideal as both a study tool and an on-the-job reference specifically in cybersecurity field.
· This is a complete and comprehensive CompTIA Security+ Certification course. It is designed to prepare individuals/learners to be able to take and pass the relevant exam (SY0 – 601) to become a CompTIA Security+ Certified.
· Upon course completion, learners will have the knowledge and confidence to pass the CompTIA Security+ (SY0 -601) exam and the skills required to be a great IT security technician. Your new skills and the CompTIA Security+ Certification will help you land a great IT security tech job. If you are already a security technician, get that raise or advancement you are after.
· Basic familiarity with PCs and networks.
· There are no specific prerequisites, since the course covers all the topics in detail.
· It would be good to have an understanding of CompTIA A+ and Network+, or to be certified in these topics.
· Relevant working experience is ideal.
Please note that you will have to detail previous education / work experience etc that is relevant to this course on the ITPT eLearning admission form. We can arrange a phone consultation if you wish to discuss these in further detail.
The CompTIA Security+ certification exam will authenticate the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills required to assess the security prospective of an enterprise environment, and also recommend and implement appropriate security solutions; monitor and secure hybrid environments, including cloud, mobile, and IOT; operate with an awareness of applicable laws and policies, including principles of governance, risk, and compliance; identify, analyse, and respond to security events and incidents.
· Attacks, Threats and Vulnerabilities
· Operations and Incident Response
· Architecture and Design
· Governance, Risk and Compliance
For further information on the course please visit the link below. We can send you a document that has further information on the course content:
Mode of Learning:
ELearning/Online Distance Learning
What we will be providing?
1. Online integrated course materials
2. Assisted by Tutor via email.
3. Moodle Access
4. Office 365 1TB of space for the course work
How to apply for the Course Funding from SAAS PTFG:
SAAS Part Time full funding is available for this course and the course training will be totally free for eligible candidates only. SAAS Part Time full funding is available for this course and the training will be totally free for eligible candidates only. This is a grant not a loan and the funding covers the full cost of our designated courses including the SQA relevant exams.
Student Awards Agency for Scotland (SAAS)
Please visit the https://www.saas.gov.uk/part-time/undergraduate-funding to apply for the course funding;
In addition to the funding application student must fill ITPT course admission application form so we can reserve the place while their SAAS funding application is in process. Any student who do not inform us then their place in the course will not be guaranteed as we have minimum places to offer to SAAS funded students/learners.
Students intending to use SAAS Part Time Fee Grant to fund their studies should apply well prior to the course starting dates. In some cases we allow students to enrol while their funding is in process, if the course date is near or gone past but they have to provide the proof that their funding has been applied to SAAS PTFG and is in under process.
Students can also self-finance this course if do not qualify for the funding. The cost can be divided into manageable instalments but this needs to be paid within the course duration. To book the place, first instalment must be paid three weeks before the course starting date.
Group Learner Discounts:
There is further discounts if there a group of students or delegates from the company wants to attend the course.
What ITPT do to help students for SAAS funding application forms?
We advise & provide information regarding their SAAS funding application, how and what information to fill through SAAS PTFG online portal so don’t worry just make an appointment and pop along, our dedicated course consultants will be happy to assist you accordingly.
We can send you the admission form and further information via email.
For more information please do contact us;
Edinburgh Phone: 0131 552 5558 – 0131 552 5800
Glasgow Phone: 0141 429 2922
Contact us via website: https://www.itpt.co.uk/contact-us/
To Book an Appointment with Course Advisors:
To Book course registration or for further information about the course or its funding, please follow the below link;