CompTIA Security+ is a global certification that validates the baseline skills which an individual need to perform core security functions and pursue towards an IT security career. It establishes the core knowledge required of any cybersecurity role and provides a starting-off-point to medium level cybersecurity jobs.
• Security+ course unwraps the door towards cybersecurity career.
• This course is ideal as both a study tool and an on-the-job reference specifically in cybersecurity field.
• This is a complete and comprehensive CompTIA Security+ Certification course. It is designed to prepare individuals/learners to be able to take and pass the relevant exam (SY0 – 601) to become a CompTIA Security+ Certified.
• Upon course completion, learners will have the knowledge and confidence to pass the CompTIA Security+ (SY0 -601) exam and the skills required to be a great IT security technician. Your new skills and the CompTIA Security+ Certification will help you land a great IT security tech job. If you are already a security technician, get that raise or advancement you are after.
The CompTIA Security+ certification exam will authenticate the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills required to assess the security prospective of an enterprise environment, and also recommend and implement appropriate security solutions; monitor and secure hybrid environments, including cloud, mobile, and IOT; operate with an awareness of applicable laws and policies, including principles of governance, risk, and compliance; identify, analyse, and respond to security events and incidents.
• Attacks, Threats and Vulnerabilities
• Operations and Incident Response
• Architecture and Design
• Governance, Risk and Compliance
• Basic familiarity with PCs and networks.
• There are no specific prerequisites, since the course covers all the topics in detail.
• It would be good to have an understanding of CompTIA A+ and Network+, or to be certified in these topics.
• Relevant working experience is ideal
You will learn how to?
Cybersecurity attacks continue to grow. Increasingly, more job roles are tasked with baseline security readiness and response to address today’s threats. Updates to Security+ reflect skills relevant to these job roles and prepare candidates to be more proactive in preventing the next attack. To combat these emerging threats, IT Pros must be able to:
• Help identify attacks and vulnerabilities to mitigate them before they infiltrate IS
• Understand secure virtualization, secure application deployment, and automation concepts
• Identify and implement the best protocols and encryption
• Understand the importance of compliance
Modes of Learning Available:
You have the option of undertaking this course via the following modes of learning:
1.) Classroom based student. You will attend the class each week on the day and time mentioned above.
2.) Blended or Virtual Learning Student. You will attend the class virtually each week on the day and time mentioned above.
Course Delivery Timings:
This course will be taught from 4 to 7 hrs a day for 4 Months.
Funded by SAAS:
SAAS Part Time full funding is available for this course and this course will be totally free for eligible candidates.
How to Apply For the Course and Its Funding:
Step 1 – Funding Eligibility Self-Assessment (Optional):
Check your funding eligibility here to make sure you are eligible for the funding to study for totally free
Step 2 – Get Registered (Mandatory) :
Registration involves completion of application forms. We can now send you these forms and information on how to complete them via email. You will have to provide supporting documents in relation to your income and residence to complete this application.
To apply and register for this course please book an appointment for course registration. To Book course registration appointment online, follow the link below:
Our appointment hours are Mon – Fri (9-5pm) , In person Drop-in times Mon-Sat(9-5pm).
Phone: 0131 552 5558