CompTIA Security+ is a global certification that validates the baseline skills which an individual need to perform core security functions and pursue towards an IT security career. It establishes the core knowledge required of any cybersecurity role and provides a starting-off-point to medium level cybersecurity jobs.
· Security+ course unwraps the door towards cybersecurity career.
· This course is ideal as both a study tool and an on-the-job reference specifically in cybersecurity field.
· This is a complete and comprehensive CompTIA Security+ Certification course. It is designed to prepare individuals/learners to be able to take and pass the relevant exam (SY0 – 601) to become a CompTIA Security+ Certified.
· Upon course completion, learners will have the knowledge and confidence to pass the CompTIA Security+ (SY0 -601) exam and the skills required to be a great IT security technician. Your new skills and the CompTIA Security+ Certification will help you land a great IT security tech job. If you are already a security technician, get that raise or advancement you are after.
The CompTIA Security+ certification exam will authenticate the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills required to assess the security prospective of an enterprise environment, and also recommend and implement appropriate security solutions; monitor and secure hybrid environments, including cloud, mobile, and IOT; operate with an awareness of applicable laws and policies, including principles of governance, risk, and compliance; identify, analyse, and respond to security events and incidents.
· Attacks, Threats and Vulnerabilities
· Operations and Incident Response
· Architecture and Design
· Governance, Risk and Compliance
· Basic familiarity with PCs and networks.
· There are no specific prerequisites, since the course covers all the topics in detail.
· It would be good to have an understanding of CompTIA A+ and Network+, or to be certified in these topics.
· Relevant working experience is ideal
You will learn how to?
Cybersecurity attacks continue to grow. Increasingly, more job roles are tasked with baseline security readiness and response to address today’s threats. Updates to Security+ reflect skills relevant to these job roles and prepare candidates to be more proactive in preventing the next attack. To combat these emerging threats, IT Pros must be able to:
Ö Help identify attacks and vulnerabilities to mitigate them before they infiltrate IS
Ö Understand secure virtualization, secure application deployment, and automation concepts
Ö Identify and implement the best protocols and encryption
Ö Understand the importance of compliance
Mode of Learning:
ELearning/Online Distance Learning
What we will be providing?
1. Online integrated course materials
2. Assisted by Tutor
3. Moodle Access
4. Office 365 1TB of space for the course work
SAAS Course Funding:
This course is funded by SAAS part time fee agency which is available to eligible individuals only:
SAAS General funding eligibility requirement:
1. You have to be a resident of Scotland
2. Either employed and earning less than 25k a year or can be unemployed as well
3. Have not used the SAAS funding in this Academic Year.
For more information on this, please visit the following link:
To check your funding eligibility:
Please follow the below link to check your course funding eligibility.
How to apply?
We can now send you the ITPT Course Admission form and SAAS funding application via email. This will also contain information on how to complete the forms and what supporting documents you should also provide to complete the SAAS application (income / residence).
If you have any questions in regards to the above than please ask. We are open Monday to Saturday, 9:00am to 5:00pm.
Edinburgh: 0131 552 5558 – 552 5800
Glasgow: 0141 429 2922