This course is designed to prepare the learners for CompTIA Security + certification. The CompTIA Security+ exam will certify that the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills required to identify risk, to participate in risk mitigation activities, and to provide infrastructure, application, information, and operational security.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Recommended: CompTIA Network+ certification and six months to two years of technical networking experience with an emphasis on security is ideal. It is not necessary that you pass the Network+ exam before completing Security+ certification, but it is recommended.
Irrespective of whether you have passed Network+, it is recommended that you have the following skills and knowledge before commencing this course:
• You should know the function and basic features of the components of a PC.
• Use Windows to create and manage files and use basic administrative features (Explorer, Control Panel and Management Consoles).
• Know basic network terminology and functions (such as OSI Model, Topology, Ethernet, TCP/IP, switches, routers).
• Understand TCP/IP addressing, core protocols, and troubleshooting tools.
You will learn how to?
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to have in depth knowledge of systems security, access control, network infrastructure, assessments and audits, cryptography and organizational security across all vendor products. These skills have become increasingly important, as additional safeguards such as intrusion detection systems, physical access control and multifactor authentication become standard methods of protection.
• Identify network attack strategies and defences.
• Understand the principles of organizational security and the elements of effective security policies.
• Know the technologies and uses of cryptographic standards and products.
• Identify network- and host-based security technologies and practices.
• Describe how wireless and remote access security is enforced.
• Describe the standards and products used to enforce security on web and communications technologies.
• Identify strategies for ensuring business continuity, fault tolerance, and disaster recovery.
Mode of Learning:
ELearning/Online Distance Learning
What we will be providing?
1. Online integrated course materials
2. Assisted by Tutor
3. Moodle Access
4. Office 365 1TB of space for the course work
SAAS Course Funding:
This course is funded by SAAS part time fee agency which is available to eligible individuals only:
SAAS General funding eligibility requirement:
1. You have to be a resident of Scotland
2. Either employed and earning less than 25k a year or can be unemployed as well
3. Have not used the SAAS funding in this Academic Year.
For more information on this, please visit the following link:
To check your funding eligibility:
Please follow the below link to check your course funding eligibility.
How to apply?
Please post your application forms along with the required supporting documents at the following address:
IT Professional Training (ITPT) – Edinburgh Centre
62 West Harbour Road,
IT Professional Training (ITPT) – Glasgow Centre
50 Darnley Street,
If you have any questions in regards to the above than please ask. Our Edinburgh office is open Monday to Saturday, 9:00am to 5:00pm.
Edinburgh: 0131 552 5558 – 552 5800
Glasgow: 0141 429 2922