SQL is used to communicate with a database. According to ANSI (American National Standards Institute), it is the standard language for relational database management systems. SQL statements are used to perform tasks such as update data in a database, or retrieve data from a database. Some common relational database management systems that use SQL are: Oracle, Sybase, Microsoft SQL Server, Access, Ingres, etc.
PL/SQL is a procedural language designed specifically to embrace SQL statements within its syntax. PL/SQL program units are compiled by the Oracle Database server and stored inside the database. And at run-time, both PL/SQL and SQL run within the same server process, bringing optimal efficiency. PL/SQL automatically inherits the robustness, security, and portability of the Oracle Database
This program offers entry-level credential and designed to ensure the knowledge and proficiency to build database-centric Internet applications for Oracle by preparing student towards OCA SQL & PL/SQL.
Basic Database Knowledge or spreadsheet knowledge required
Exams and Progression Routes
This course is designed to provide the student with the necessary tools and skills required to attain following certifications:
1. Oracle PL/SQL Developer Certified Associate Certification(OCA PL/SQL)
2. Oracle certified Associate – SQL Database Programmer(OCA SQL)
3. By completing this PDA students will be able to sit for OCA DA Part 1, OCA SQL and OCA PL/SQL associated exams.
The Oracle program also offers a number of shorter curricula which are related to SQA HN Units and is known as Professional Development Award in Database Programming (PDA Database Programming). These are also assessed by means of restricted response questions and practical labs and so can give credit transfer to complete units.
This PDA will earn individuals 56 credits which they can apply for exemptions on passing all unit exams successfully (SQA exam fee is included in the funding).
1. HNC/HND Software Development
2. HNC/HND Computer Science.
Oracle Certified Associate Database Administrator (OCA DA) – Part 1
Oracle Certified Associate – SQL (OCA SQL)
Oracle Certified Associate – PL/SQL (OCA SQL)
1. Oracle certified Associate – SQL Database Programmer (OCA SQL)
• Retrieving Data Using the SQL SELECT Statement
• Restricting and Sorting Data
• Using Single-Row Functions to Customize Output
• Using Conversion Functions and Conditional Expressions
• Reporting Aggregated Data Using the Group Functions
• Displaying Data from Multiple Tables Using Joins
• Using Subqueries to Solve Queries
• Using the Set Operators
• Manipulating Data
• Using DDL Statements
• to Create and Manage Tables
• Creating Other Schema Objects
• Practices and Solutions
2. Oracle PL/SQL Developer Certified Associate Certification (OCA PL/SQL)
• Introduction to PL/SQL
• Declaring PL/SQL Variables
• Writing Executable Statements
• Interacting with Oracle Database Server: SQL Statements in PL/SQL Programs
• Writing Control Structures
• Introduction to PL/SQL
• Working with Composite Data Types
• Using Explicit Cursors
• Creating Procedures
• Creating Functions
• Creating Packages
• Working with Packages
• Using Oracle-Supplied Packages in Application
• Development Using Dynamic SQL
• Design Considerations for PL/SQL Code
• Creating Triggers
• Creating Compound, DDL, and Event Database
Hands on Experience
This course is an instructor led training programme followed by hands on live labs, attendance is required.
This course will be delivered 1day a week, 4-7 hours a week, one full classroom, 16 – 18 weeks
Modes of Course Delivery & Attendance
ITPT is currently providing different method of learning opportunities to our learners. Many people are looking for learning diversity to enhance their qualifications, but they don’t have the time to take on full-time instructor led study or attending courses regularly at the training venues.
We have made available diverse and flexible learning methods to accommodate a wider variety of learners:
1. Instructor Led learning
2. Blended learning
3. Part Time Classes
4. Weekends Classes
5. Day Classes
Student Learning Support
We provide MOODLE access to students where they can access the following;
1. lecture Recordings
2. Lecture PowerPoint
3. Course Materials
5. Group Chat
6. Expert Advice
The IT training classes which we are currently offering are suitable for a wide range of candidates including:
• School leavers
• Adult returnees to education
• Individuals who intend to leave school and further their career path in a college or equivalent
• Individuals who are in employment and wish to enhance their career prospects
• Individuals who wish to start a new career in IT
• Individuals who wants to get promotion at work
• Individuals who wants to upgrade in their IT skills
• Individuals who intend to progress their career after the study of either the NQ in Computing, the NQ in Information Systems
• Individuals who intend to progress their career after the study of the PDA into further study at HN level
• Individuals who wish to study on a part-time (day or evening) or day-release mode
SAAS Part Time full funding is also available for this course.
Our Vendors Neutral Cisco Courses are funded by:
Student Awards Agency for Scotland (SAAS)
Please visit the SAAS website to see your eligibility.
Direct link for funding application form:www.saas.gov.uk/forms_and_guides/part_time.html
Students intending to use a Part Time Fee Grant to fund their studies should apply for this as soon as possible and prior to the start date of their course. When you have completed the application form an ITPT Course/Guidance Adviser from the IT Professional Training is required to complete the relevant section to authorise your application to SAAS within the deadline, if your application is successful you will be sent an award letter which you should then submit to our Finance department to complete payment.
In some cases we do allow students to enrol and wait for the funding to process if the course date is near or gone past so please contact us to discuss this with ITPT administrators.
What ITPT do to help students for SAAS funding application forms?
We help our students in filling forms so don’t worry just make an appointment and pop along, our dedicated course consultants will be happy to assist you accordingly.
Course Tuition Fees: If not applicable for the SAAS Part Time Funding
If any student do not qualify for the SAAS, DWP or SDS funding then they can also self-finance this course. Please contact us for the price and this can be organised in manageable instalments.
There is further discounts if there a group of students or delegates from the company like to attend this course.
For more information please do contact us on 0131 552 5558 / email@example.com