CIW: Site Development Associate – HTML5 & CSS3
Site Development Associate provides an introduction to tasks, job roles and careers in Web development. This course will teach you to work as a productive part of a Web site development team. Hands-on labs include real-world scenarios
No prior experience using the Internet, developing Web pages or configuring networks is necessary. However, students should be familiar with an operating system such as Microsoft Windows 7/10 before taking this course. The CIW Web Foundations courseware does not provide entry-level computer literacy. Rather, it builds upon computer literacy training and certifications such as Microsoft Office Specialist
Web site development and design job responsibilities can include:
• Implementation of HTML5 coding solutions using HTML5 elements, attributes and values.
• Application of CSS3 functionality to Web documents using various properties, selectors and techniques.
• Implementation of HTML5 and CSS3 techniques to apply to both traditional and mobile delivery platforms, including mobile apps.
• Transformation of traditional Web pages into mobile Web pages.
What you will learn?
Site Development Associate teaches you essential Web page development skills.
You will learn to develop Web sites using Hypertext Markup Language version 5 (HTML5) and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS).
You will learn to write code manually, as well as use graphical user interface (GUI) authoring tools.
You will also learn to insert images, create hyperlinks, and add tables, forms, video, and audio to your Web pages.
In addition to learning about HTML5 and CSS coding, you will learn how to use HTML5 Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) to extend the functionality of Web pages, such as geolocation, drag and drop, canvas, and offline Web applications.
Other topics include validating your HTML code, recognizing the importance of search engine optimization (SEO), using style sheets extensively to format Web page content, and implementing fundamental design concepts.
Throughout the course, you will learn how Web sites are developed as managed projects. You will also identify e-commerce solutions and relate Web site development to business goals.
This Training is based on CIW Site Development Associate certification exam.
This course will be delivered on part time basis, 1 day a week, 3 – 4 hours, and will run for 16 weeks.
The IT training classes which we are currently offering are suitable for a wide range of candidates including:
• School leavers
• Adult returnees to education
• Individuals who intend to leave school and further their career path in a college or equivalent
• Individuals who are in employment and wish to enhance their career prospects
• Individuals who wish to start a new career in IT
• Individuals who wants to get promotion at work
• Individuals who wants to upgrade in their IT skills
• Individuals who intend to progress their career after the study of either the NQ in Computing, the NQ in Information Systems
• Individuals who intend to progress their career after the study of the PDA into further study at HN level
• Individuals who wish to study on a part-time (day or evening) or day-release mode
Professional Advantage in joining this course:
Professionals working in Web site development and design fields for any industry can also benefit from the CIW Site Development Associate course and/or certification:
• Web and graphic designers
• Web marketing professionals
• Mobile application developers
• Art/creative directors
• Advertising professionals
Modes of Learning:
1. Class Based Learning
2. Blended Learning
3. Distance Learning
SAAS Part Time course funding is available, please contact us for further details.
This course can also be self-funded in agreed manageable instalments plans.