Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) is the credential required by academia and business, recognized globally as the premier credential chosen by individuals seeking to validate their knowledge, skills and abilities relating to the Microsoft Office applications.
Microsoft Office, also known as MS Office or MOS Office, is a popular software suite featuring many desktop publishing programs. It comes with everything that may come into use in a classic office setting, hence the name. Computer users have the option of several different Microsoft Office suites intended for students, home users, small businesses and corporations.
Why choosing this course?
Using Microsoft office can allow your business to keep everything filed in a neat and orderly fashion to speed things up
During your training, we will familiarize you with how to operate each program of the Microsoft Office Suite you enrol in so that you will be comfortable using them on a daily basis
Microsoft Office can be used to type letters and envelopes, create spreadsheets, make labels, and produce presentations for your home or office
No Prerequisite required
Modules you will be studying:
MOS: Microsoft Office Word 2016
MOS: Microsoft Office Excel 2016
MOS: Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2016
MOS: Microsoft Office Access 2016
Exams fee are excluded, but we provide discounted exam and practice vouchers to our students only.
Candidates may carry forward credit towards the HNC/D Administration and Information Technology or HNC/D Business.
Alternatively, candidates may progress to the PDA in Office Management and Information Technology at SCQF level 8, if completed PDA information Technology
Mode of Learning:
ELearning/Online Distance Learning
What we will be providing?
1. Online integrated EKit, such as course materials, videos, activities, exercises etc.
2. Tutor support via email
3. Office 365 1TB of space for the course work
SAAS General funding eligibility requirement:
This course is funded by SAAS part time fee agency which is available to eligible individuals only:
1. You have to be a resident of Scotland
2. Either employed and earning less than 25k a year or can be unemployed as well
3. Have not used the SAAS funding in this Academic Year.
• Students do not need to pay it back as this is a grant not a loan.
• This funding is different from the full time funding which can be applied by someone who previously granted for a degree, postgrad or any other full time studies (HNC/HND) etc.
• Part time funding cannot be received on a same session if one is already receiving any part/full time funding for other courses.
• Part Time funding can only be used for one course per academic year.
• SAAS part time funding academic year starts from Aug to July.
For more information on this, please visit the following link:
To check your funding eligibility:
Please follow the below link to check your course funding eligibility.
How to apply?
Please post your application forms along with the required supporting documents at the following address:
IT Professional Training (ITPT) – Edinburgh Centre
62 West Harbour Road,
IT Professional Training (ITPT) – Glasgow Centre
50 Darnley Street,
If you have any questions in regards to the above than please ask. Our Edinburgh office is open Monday to Saturday, 9:00am to 5:00pm.
Edinburgh: 0131 552 5558 – 552 5800
Glasgow: 0141 429 2922