SQL is used to communicate with a database. According to ANSI (American National Standards Institute), it is the standard language for relational database management systems. SQL statements are used to perform tasks such as update data in a database, or retrieve data from a database. Some common relational database management systems that use SQL are: Oracle, Sybase, Microsoft SQL Server, Access, Ingres, etc.
PL/SQL is a procedural language designed specifically to embrace SQL statements within its syntax. PL/SQL program units are compiled by the Oracle Database server and stored inside the database. And at run-time, both PL/SQL and SQL run within the same server process, bringing optimal efficiency. PL/SQL automatically inherits the robustness, security, and portability of the Oracle Database
This program offers entry-level credential and designed to ensure the knowledge and proficiency to build database-centric Internet applications for Oracle by preparing student towards OCA SQL & PL/SQL.
Basic Database Knowledge or spreadsheet knowledge required
1. Oracle certified Associate – SQL Database Programmer (OCA SQL)
• Retrieving Data Using the SQL SELECT Statement
• Restricting and Sorting Data
• Using Single-Row Functions to Customize Output
• Using Conversion Functions and Conditional Expressions
• Reporting Aggregated Data Using the Group Functions
• Displaying Data from Multiple Tables Using Joins
• Using Subqueries to Solve Queries
• Using the Set Operators
• Manipulating Data
• Using DDL Statements
• to Create and Manage Tables
• Creating Other Schema Objects
• Practices and Solutions
2. Oracle PL/SQL Developer Certified Associate Certification (OCA PL/SQL)
• Introduction to PL/SQL
• Declaring PL/SQL Variables
• Writing Executable Statements
• Interacting with Oracle Database Server: SQL Statements in PL/SQL Programs
• Writing Control Structures
• Introduction to PL/SQL
• Working with Composite Data Types
• Using Explicit Cursors
• Creating Procedures
• Creating Functions
• Creating Packages
• Working with Packages
• Using Oracle-Supplied Packages in Application
• Development Using Dynamic SQL
• Design Considerations for PL/SQL Code
• Creating Triggers
• Creating Compound, DDL, and Event Database
Hands on Experience
This course is an instructor led training programme followed by hands on live labs, attendance is required.
Exams and Recommended Training:
This course is designed to provide the student with the necessary tools and skills required to attain following certifications:
1. Oracle PL/SQL Developer Certified Associate Certification(OCA PL/SQL)
2. Oracle certified Associate – SQL Database Programmer(OCA SQL)
Oracle Certified Associate – SQL (OCA SQL) – 1Z0-071
Oracle Certified Associate – PL/SQL (OCA SQL) – 1Z0-071 & 1Z0-0144
This course will be delivered 1day a week, 4 – 7 hours a week, one full classroom, 20 weeks
Modes of Course Delivery:
1. Tutor Led learning
2. Blended learning
3. Distance Blended Learning
Modes of Attendance:
1. Part Time
The PDA Database Programming course also offers a number of shorter curricula which are related to SQA standalone HN Units. These are also assessed by means of restricted response questions and practical labs and so can give credit transfer to complete units. Learner can earn up to 56 credits upon passing all exams successfully. All SQA exams costs are included in the funding.
SAAS Part Time funding is also available for this course which covers the full cost of the training and SQA relevant exams.
Student Awards Agency for Scotland (SAAS)
Please visit the SAAS website to see your eligibility. https://www.saas.gov.uk/part_time/index.htm
Students intending to use SAAS Part Time Fee Grant to fund their studies should apply in prior to the course starting dates. In some cases we allow students to enrol while their funding is in process, if the course date is near or gone past.
Students can also self-finance this course if they do not qualify for the funding. The course fee is £650.00 and the cost can be divided into manageable instalments but this needs to be paid within the course extent. To book the place, first instalment must be paid three weeks before the course starting date.
Group Learner Discounts:
There is further discounts if there a group of students or delegates from the company wants to attend the course.
What ITPT do to help students for SAAS funding application forms?
We help students in filling forms as well as the photocopying of their supporting documents if required so don’t worry just make an appointment and pop along, our dedicated course consultants will be happy to assist you accordingly.
For more information please do contact us on 0131 552 5558 – 0131 552 5800 via phone or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our admin office is open Monday to Friday from 09:00 Am – 05:00 Pm and Saturday from 10:00 Am – 03:00 Pm.