Python is in its immense demand for a long time due to many reasons, first and foremost reason it is highly productive as compared to other programming languages such as C++ and Java. Python is also very well-known for its simple programming syntax, code readability and natural language (easy English commands) that make coding in Python lot easier and efficient. In other terms, Python is a general-purpose language sometimes referred to as utilitarian which is designed to be simple to read and write, this makes it very popular for the beginners who wants to start a career in software programming.
There is no requirement of programming experience before joining this course. Individuals must have ability to use computer with ease and good typing skills.
What will you learn?
This python course is suitable for individuals who wants to pursue their career in Software Development sector. This course is mainly based on Python 3 and also lets student to learn programming Python 2, to be able to understand/migrate existing application in use by companies using Python 2.
• Fundamental concepts: interpreting and the interpreter, compilation and the compiler, language elements, lexis, syntax and semantics, Python keywords, instructions, indenting
• Datatypes Data Types, Evaluations, and Basic I/O Operations and their methods/functions
• Import and use python libraries
• Flow Control – loops and conditional blocks
• Data Structures/collections – Lists, Tuples, and Dictionaries
• User defined functions
• Project 1 – Guess a word
• Control and Evaluations
• Data Aggregates
• Classes, Objects, and Exceptions
• Object Oriented Programming (OOP) concepts in Python
• Project 2 – Processing data
• Agile and waterfall methodologies
• Version control system (VCS)
• Program documentation
• Application deployment
This course involves practical labs throughout the course providing learners hands on experience. This course involves application building projects from scratch and also walks through smaller programs along with related topics of the course. This course enhances leaners ability to solve problems in world of programming.
Learners will also be able to confidently learn other programming languages with ease based on skills gained during this course.
Who should do this course?
• If you want to learn to code through building fun and useful projects, then take this course.
• If you want to start your career as software programmer.
• You are new to programming and want to learn python to kick start your journey.
• If you are a seasoned programmer and want to learn Python to add to your portfolio.
This course has been organised in conjunction with the PDA Software Development @ SCQF Level 7 so the Learners will have an opportunity to earn 48 SQA credit points & received a certificate from Scottish Qualification Authority when successfully passed all 3 relevant exams.
Modes of Learning:
You have the option of undertaking this course via following learning modes:
1.) Face to Face Classroom based Learning: You will attend the class each week on the day and time mentioned above.
2.) Virtual Learning: Live traditional face to face class will broadcast to all virtual learners each week on a specified time.
3.) Blended Learning: Mixture of Face to face and Virtual learning (must inform when joining the course).
3.) ELearning: is self-paced, you will be completing the course in your own time and do not have to attend any traditional face to face classes or virtual.
SAAS Part Time Course Funding:
This course is funded by SAAS part time funding which is available to eligible individuals only and they do not need to pay it back as this is a grant not a student loan. This is different from the full time funding which can be applied by even someone previously granted fulltime funding for a degree, postgrad or any other full time studies (HNC/HND) etc.
• Please note that you can only use SAAS Part Time funding for one course per academic year.
• SAAS academic year starts from Aug to July.
SAAS General funding eligibility requirement:
1. You have to be a resident of Scotland
2. Either employed and earning less than 25k a year or can be unemployed as well
3. Have not used the SAAS funding in this Academic Year.
For more information on this, please visit this link:
If any student do not qualify for the SAAS, DWP or SDS funding then they can also self-finance this course, please contact us for the price.
How to Apply For the Course and Its Funding:
Step 1 – Funding Eligibility Self-Assessment (Optional):
Please follow the below link to check your funding eligibility;
Step 2 – Get Registered (Mandatory);
Registration involves completion of application forms.
Book an Appointment:
Please follow the below link to book for in-person (physical) or phone appointment (online) with our course consultant who can guide you about the admission & funding process;
Our appointment hours are Monday to Friday 09:00 am – 05:00 pm and Saturday 10:00 am to 03:00 pm (Edinburgh only)
If you cannot book an appointment and like to apply by Post instead than please let us know and we will send you the forms via email.
Our Contact details:
Phone: 0131 552 55 58 – 552 58 00 (Edinburgh)
Phone: 0141 429 29 22 (Glasgow)