WordPress is the Worlds well-known publishing platform of the choice of million websites and blogs, Including the most well known and high profile websites of the World. It is very simple to install, doesn’t require much technical knowledge and simple to get started with. Because it is a very powerful tool so it requires some knowledge and guidance to get the best out of it. You may have already tried to set up WordPress but got lost in the technical stuff. This course will set you back on the right track.
Target Audience for WordPress Course
• Total beginners
• Looking to make the first website
• Looking to start a Blog
• Web designers
• Internet consultants
• IT professionals
• Web and graphic artists
• Business professionals
There are no prerequisites for wordpress course. However, a basic understanding of HTML and CSS will help.
The main objective of this course is to teach you how to create a professional and good looking website using WordPress.
You will also gain valuable knowledge and understanding of how websites are built and how to enhance them using best practice SEO, this means you will have an excellent foundation from which to progress your web development career and knowledge, and you will be able to confidently liaise with other website developers.
• Creating posts and pages
• Formatting text
• Publishing and scheduling posts
• Adding images, audio, and video
• Bulk editing posts and pages
• Customizing themes and menus
• Using widgets
• Extending WordPress with plugins
• Editing users profiles
• Configuring settings
• Getting new readers
• Keeping WordPress up to date and secure
You will also learn to
• set up and run a website of your own
• add content, images and videos
• add structure and navigation menus
• apply an attractive design using easy templates
• make the site search engine friendly
• add contact forms, maps and take payments
• add social networking and track visitors
• learn to add all the features and functionality you need to run and develop a fantastic website
• Web Designer
• Web Developer
• Blog Designer
• Intern Web Developer
Modes of Learning:
Blended Distance Learning
• This course will be delivered on a part time basis one day a week.
• This course will run for 3 months, 12 – 14 weeks in total.
Student Support during & after the course:
• We will be providing course materials.
• Lab based experience.
• In house course completion certificate will be awarded on completion.
• Work experience letter will be given on completion.
• One to one interaction with the instructor.
• Special accommodation to disabled candidates.
• Special assistance provided to those who has learning disabilities.
• CV building help.
• Job hunting help is aligned with our courses.
This course is FREE (SAAS part-time funding) to anyone who is on benefits or earning £25,000 or less, given that they have not used SAAS/ILA funding towards any other course/training in the last 12 months.
Those in receipt of following benefits are automatically eligible:
• Jobseekers allowance
• Income support
• Incapacity Benefit/Employment Support Allowance
• Child Tax Credit (minimum rate)
• Pension Credit
Apply for course funding
Our Courses are fully funded by SAAS: Student Awards Agency for Scotland
Please visit the SAAS website www.saas.gov.uk to see your eligibility.
Download: SAAS Part Time Funding Guide, Part Time Forms
Read: Part Time Students Eligibility Criteria, Disabled students’ allowance (DSA)
For Students who don’t qualify for the above fundings:
How much will this course cost?
If for any reason you do not qualify for SAAS funding our fees are as follows for students living in UK or the European Union:
WordPress Course 2018-2019
Full Course (can be paid in instalments) £400
Fees are payable in advance at the start of course unless otherwise agreed.
We also provide flexible fee instalments to help students in paying their fee.