CompTIA CertMaster Learn is a comprehensive eLearning environment that combines instructional lessons with assessments, integrated videos, and performance-based questions to provide over 40 hours of content tied to exam objectives.
Interactive and self-paced, CertMaster Learn helps you stay on track with your studies with a personalised learning plan and is flexible enough to be used on any device anywhere an internet connection is available. Robust analytics bring awareness of your strengths and weaknesses, so each study session is efficient and focused on helping you acquire knowledge, gain practical skills, and achieve the confidence needed to succeed on the exam and in your IT career.
The CompTIA IT Fundamentals (ITF+) exam helps professionals decide if a career in IT is right for them or to develop a broader understanding of IT. ITF+ will certify the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills required to identify and explain the basics of computing, IT infrastructure, application software development, database fundamentals, and security.
Module 1 / Unit 1: Common Computing Devices
Module 1 / Unit 2: Using a Workstation
Module 1 / Unit 3: Using an OS
Module 1 / Unit 4: Managing an OS
Module 1 / Unit 5: Troubleshooting and Support
Module 2 / Unit 1: Using Data Types and Units
Module 2 / Unit 2: Using Apps
Module 2 / Unit 3: Programming and App Development
Module 2 / Unit 4: Using Databases
Module 3 / Unit 1: System Components
Module 3 / Unit 2: Using Device Interfaces
Module 3 / Unit 3: Using Peripheral Devices
Module 3 / Unit 4: Using Storage Devices
Module 3 / Unit 5: Using File Systems
Module 4 / Unit 1: Networking Concepts
Module 4 / Unit 2: Connecting to a Network
Module 4 / Unit 3: Secure Web Browsing
Module 4 / Unit 4: Using Shared Storage
Module 4 / Unit 5: Using Mobile Devices
Module 5 / Unit 1: Security Concerns
Module 5 / Unit 2: Using Best Practices
Module 5 / Unit 3: Using Access Controls
Module 5 / Unit 4: Behavioral Security Concepts
Who is this course for?
It is suitable for a wide range of candidates including:
- School leavers
- Adult returnees to education
- Individuals who intend to leave school and further their career path in a college or equivalent
- Individuals who are in employment and wish to enhance their career prospects
- Individuals who wish to start a new career in IT
- Individuals who wants to get promotion at work
- Individuals who wants to upgrade in their IT skills
- Individuals who intend to progress their career after the study of either the NQ in Computing, the NQ in Information Systems
- Individuals who intend to progress their career after the study of the PDA into further study at HN level.
- Individuals who are interested in completing further CompTIA Courses but do not have the required experience yet to join those courses.
No specific requirements or prerequisites set out by CompTIA. Anyone can undertake this course.
Below is a shortlist of the starting range of career opportunities offered to someone who has completed the course and required examinations:
- Systems Administrator
- Systems Engineer
- Technical Support Specialist
- Field Service Technician
- Desktop Support Specialist
- 1st Line Support Engineer
- IT Support Administrator
- PC Technician
- IT administrator
- IT Technician