This course is designed to prepare the learners for CompTIA Security + certification. The CompTIA Security+ exam will certify that the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills required to identify risk, to participate in risk mitigation activities, and to provide infrastructure, application, information, and operational security.
- CompTIA Security + Course Content – download
In this course, candidate will apply security controls to maintain confidentiality, integrity, and availability, identify appropriate technologies and products, troubleshoot security events and incidents, and operate with an awareness of applicable policies, laws, and regulations
You will learn how to?
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to have in depth knowledge of systems security, access control, network infrastructure, assessments and audits, cryptography and organizational security across all vendor products. These skills have become increasingly important, as additional safeguards such as intrusion detection systems, physical access control and multifactor authentication become standard methods of protection.
- Identify network attack strategies and defences.
- Understand the principles of organizational security and the elements of effective security policies.
- Know the technologies and uses of cryptographic standards and products.
- Identify network- and host-based security technologies and practices.
- Describe how wireless and remote access security is enforced.
- Describe the standards and products used to enforce security on web and communications technologies.
- Identify strategies for ensuring business continuity, fault tolerance, and disaster recovery.
Please visit our website for a breakdown of the course content :
Who is this course for?
Irrespective of whether you have passed Network+, it is recommended that you have the following skills and knowledge before commencing this course:
- You should know the function and basic features of the components of a PC.
- Use Windows to create and manage files and use basic administrative features (Explorer, Control Panel and Management Consoles).
- Know basic network terminology and functions (such as OSI Model, Topology, Ethernet, TCP/IP, switches, routers).
- Understand TCP/IP addressing, core protocols, and troubleshooting tools.
There are no prerequisites for this course. However, CompTIA Network+ certification and six months to two years of technical networking experience with an emphasis on security is ideal. It is not necessary that you pass the Network+ exam before completing Security+ certification, but it is recommended.
- IT Security Administrator
- IT Security Support Engineer
- IT Support Technician
- IT/Support Technician
- Security Specialist
- Network security Specialist
- IT Security Analyst
- IT Security Manager
- IT Security Specialist
- IT Security Consultant
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional
- IT Security Engineer