Much of the world’s data is in databases, SQL (or a structured query language) is a powerful language used to communicate with and extract data from databases. If you want to be a data scientist, you need knowledge of databases and SQL. The purpose of this course is to introduce you to the concepts of relational databases so that you can learn and apply basic knowledge of the SQL and R languages. It is also intended to help you get started in running SQL in your data science environment.
This course is aligned with the PDA (Professional Development Award) Data Science (SQA) @ SCQF level 8, learners will be able to earn 40 credits upon passing all relevant exams successfully.
1. Introduction to SQL and Databases
2. Triggers and Stored Procedures
3. Transactions and Concurrency
4. Indexing for high Performance and Securing the Database
5. Introduction to R
6. Data Cleaning (N/A, Outliers, Data Wrangling)
7. Data visualization using tidyverse
8. Visualization using Tableau
9. Visualization using PowerBI
10. Advanced Excel
This course focuses on practicals and hands-on learning. Therefore, use real databases, real data science tools, and real datasets. You will acquire the skills needed to bring together heterogeneous and disconnected data sources, use the R programming language to transform your data into insights. In a series of hands-on exercises, you will practice creating and executing SQL queries. You will also learn how to access the database from RStudio using SQL and R. By the end of the course you will be able to query, analyse and make industry level reports from the data.
Why should you attend this course?
1. If you are curious about Data Science and Machine Learning.
2. If you have been lately exploring Data Science and Machine Learning or have been playing around with it for a while.
3. If you want to work as a Professional Data Scientist or an AI Engineer.
4. If you want to boost your Data Science skills.
5. Trained and certified Data Scientist are needed worldwide.
6. More Data Scientist are getting certified than ever before
This is a 16-week course that provides the required knowledge and skills required to become data Scientist.
ITPT is currently providing different method of learning opportunities to students. Many people are looking for learning diversity to enhance their qualifications, but they don’t have the time to take on full-time instructor led study or attending courses regularly at their appropriate venues.
|Modes of Course Delivery||Modes of Attendance|
|1. Face to Face – Tutor Led learning||1. Weekends|
|2. Virtual – Tutor Led learning||2. Weekdays|
|3. Blended learning||3. Part time|
|4. ELearning||4. Day Release|
Job Roles & Opportunities:
Upon completion of related certification exams, you will be able to fit-in the job roles
1. Data Analyst
2. Data Engineers
3. Database Administrator
4. Data Scientist
5. Data Architect
7. Business Analyst
8. Data and Analytics Manager/Project
Our Courses & Training Classes Suit the following:
This course covers the knowledge and understanding associated with the SQA PDA data science qualification and will be attractive to learners who are looking for employment at an entry-level position or higher. It would also be suitable for those wishing to prepare for career advancement in their organisation.
The IT training classes which we are currently offering are suitable for a wide range of candidates including:
1. School leavers.
2. Adult returnees to education.
3. Individuals who intend to leave school and further their career path in a college or equivalent.
4. Individuals who are in employment and wish to enhance their career
5. Individuals who wish to start a new career in Data Science
6. Individuals who wants to get promotion at work
7. Individuals who wants to upgrade in their Data Science skills
8. Individuals who intend to progress their career after the study of the PDA into further study at HN level
9. Individuals who wish to study on a part-time day-release mode
Course Funding: SAAS PTFG: Scottish Awards Agency for Scotland
This course is funded by SAAS part time funding which is available to eligible individuals only;
SAAS General funding eligibility requirement:
1. You have to be a resident of Scotland
2. Either employed or unemployed, if working then earning must be less/equals to
25k a year
3. Have not used the SAAS funding in this Academic Year.
Students do not need to pay it back as this is a grant not a loan.
This funding is different from the full time funding which can be applied by someone who previously granted for a degree, postgrad or any other full time studies (HNC/HND) etc. but not in a same session
Part time funding cannot be received on a same session if one is already receiving any part/full time funding for other courses.
Part Time funding can only be used for one course per academic year
SAAS part time funding academic year starts from Aug to July.
For more information please visit the below link
To check your eligibility:
Please follow the below link to check if you qualify for the course funding;
If you do not qualify for SAAS part-time or Data Lab funding, you have the option to self-fund the course.
Fees are payable in advance at the start of the course unless otherwise agreed.
We also provide flexible fee installments to help students in paying their fees.
There are a number of other funding opportunities available to UK and EU students to help them to pay for their studies. Contact the college for more details.