Student Awards Agency for Scotland
SAAS is an agency of the Scottish Government giving financial support to eligible students doing a course of higher education in the UK.
Higher National Diploma
Course fee paid by the Student Awards Agency for Scotland (SAAS).
Bursary & Living support available with a repayable Student Loan from SLC.
Higher National Certificate
|Part-Time education||7 & 8||PDAs & Vendor Neutral||Course fee paid by the Student Awards Agency for Scotland (SAAS).|
Part-time Student Funding:
Students with an income of £25,000 a year or less may qualify for a Part Time Free Grant from the Student Awards Agency for Scotland. SAAS will link the level of the Part Time Free Grant available to the number of credits you study. This means students can be awarded support in excess of the previous £500 limit.
To be eligible for SAAS funding students need to have an income of less than or equals to £25,000 and meet the following additional criteria:
- Be taking between 30-119 credits at ITPT within the relevant academic year.
- Be working towards an undergraduate degree, with modules being taken at SCQF levels 7-10, or be taking modules for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) at SCQF levels 7-10
Course funding: SAAS: Scottish Awards Agency for Scotland
SAAS General funding eligibility requirement:
1. You have to be a resident of Scotland
2. If employed than you must be earning less than or equals to 25k a year or can be unemployed as well
3. Have not used the SAAS funding in this Academic Year.
- Students do not need to pay it back as this is a grant not a loan.
- This funding is different from the full time funding which can be applied by someone who previously granted for a degree, postgrad or any other full time studies (HNC/HND) etc.
- Part time funding cannot be received on a same session if one is already receiving any part/full time funding for other courses.
- Part Time funding can only be used for one course per academic year.
- SAAS part time funding academic year starts from Aug to July.
For more information on this, please visit the below link:
To check your funding eligibility:
Please follow the below link to check if you qualify for the course funding:
SAAS Funding Eligibilty
For Students who don’t qualify for the above fundings:
There are a number of other funding opportunities available to UK and EU students to help them to pay for their studies. Contact the college for more details.