Cyber Security Essential
The term Cyber security can be described as the collective methods, technologies, and processes to help protect the confidentiality, integrity, networks, devices, and data, against cyber-attacks or unauthorised access. Cyber Security may also be referred to as IT Security. Cyber-criminals and black-hackers are hitting news headlines almost every another day. They can ruin a company’s reputation and destroy the business just in a blink of second and the threat is increasing rapidly. This is why cybersecurity is becoming one of the world’s fastest growing business components. Computing Technology is one of the biggest growth areas in the job market today and specifically cyber field, it also provides employment opportunities to such individuals who likes working globally or locally but from their own home.
The Introduction to Cybersecurity course stresses the broad topic of cybersecurity in a way that matters to you. Learn how to protect your personal data and privacy online and in social media, and why more and more IT jobs require cybersecurity awareness and understanding.
Cybersecurity Essentials course covers foundation knowledge and essentials skills in all security domains in the cyber world to tackle cyber-crime such as information security, systems security, network security mobile security, physical security, ethics and laws, related technologies, defence and mitigation techniques use in protecting businesses. Through interactive, multimedia content, lab activities, and multi-industry case studies, students build technical and professional skills to pursue careers in cybersecurity.
If you are interested in establishing career in IT, Software Development, Cyber Security or Computer Networking, then this is an ideal course to start with. ITPT offers this course to students interested in learning about foundational knowledge and build essential skills in cyber security, and explore career opportunities in the cyber security field.
- No prerequisite required to join this course, just ease of commuting use is recommended.
- It will be an advantage to have a basic networking knowledge but not essential
- This course sits at SCQF level 7 so it is available for beginners.
- Any combination of National 4’s of which one should be in Maths, if you are a school leaver
- We also consider applications on individual’s qualifications/work experience and personal statement basis. If necessary we ask applicants to sit an aptitude test to judge their existing knowledge.
What you’ll learn
- Learn what cybersecurity is and what it means for you personally and professionally
- Learn foundational knowledge in various security domains
- Learn how to be safe online by understanding the most common threats, security attacks, symptoms, vulnerabilities, processes and countermeasures
- Build skills in security management, controls, protection, and mitigation technologies Implement proper procedures for data confidentiality and availability
- Learn valuable security principals and how to develop compliant policies such as security laws, ethics etc.
- Learn the roles of different cybersecurity professionals and career options
Hands on Experience
This course is instructor led training programme followed by hands on live labs, so the attendance is required if you chose to attend face to face class based training.
Develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills using real equipment and Cisco Packet Tracer.
This course has been arranged in conjunction with the SQA PDA Cyber Resilience at SCQF Level 7. Learners will have an opportunity to earn 40 SCQF credit points & received a certificate from Scottish Qualification Authority if successfully passed all relevant SQA unit exams, exam fee is included in the SAAS PTFG funding.
Weekend/Weekdays Classes: 3.5 to 7 hours a week, one full classroom, will be delivered for 16 weeks.
Job Opportunities & Roles
- Security Architect
- IT Security Engineer
- Security Systems Administrator
- IT Security Consultant
- Chief Information Security Officer
- Forensic Computer Analyst
- Information Security Analyst
- Penetration Tester
Our Courses & Training Classes Suits the following
The IT training classes which we are currently offering are suitable for a wide range of candidates including:
- School leavers
- Adult returnees to education
- Individuals who are in employment and wish to enhance their career prospects
- Individuals who wish to start a new career in IT
- Individuals who wants to get promotion at work
- Individuals who wants to upgrade in their IT skills
- Individuals who wish to study on a part-time (day or evening) or day-release mode
Instructors Qualification & Experience
ITPT has a big team of experts and passionate professional instructors whose services in IT industry are impressive, they are very well known to the IT vendors and also certified academy instructors of CompTIA, Cisco, Oracle, Microsoft, CEH, Checkpoint Security, LPI, Citrix, Virtualisation, and Cloud. They are also certified assessors, invigilators, markers and internal verifiers of SQA.
ITPT teaching staff has years of experience in IT Training, We always strive to deliver a unique study experience to our students. ITPT work closely with the current and updated curriculum and customised courses which meets the objectives of students and professionals.
Modes of Course Delivery & Attendance:
ITPT is currently providing different method of learning opportunities to students. Many people are looking for learning diversity to enhance their qualifications, but they don’t have the time to take on full-time instructor led study or attending courses regularly at their appropriate venues.
Modes of Course Delivery
Modes of Attendance
|Face to Face – Tutor Led learning||Part Time|
|Virtual – Tutor Led learning||Weekdays|
This course is FREE (SAAS part-time funding) to anyone who is on benefits or earning £25,000 or less, given that they have not used SAAS/ILA funding towards any other course/training in the last 12 months.
Those in receipt of following benefits are automatically eligible:
- Jobseekers allowance
- Income support
- Incapacity Benefit/Employment Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit (minimum rate)
- Pension Credit
Apply for course funding
Our Courses are fully funded by SAAS: Student Awards Agency for Scotland
Please visit the SAAS website www.saas.gov.uk to see your eligibility.
For Students who don’t qualify for the above fundings:
How much this course will cost?
If for any reason you do not qualify for SAAS funding our fees are as follows for students living in UK or the European Union:
Cyber Security Essential
|Vender Neutral (can be paid in installments)||£450|
|SQA Accredited (PDA) (can be paid in installments)||£450|
Fees are payable in advance at the start of the course unless otherwise agreed.
We also provide flexible fee installments to help students in paying their fees.
There are a number of other funding opportunities available to UK and EU students to help them to pay for their studies. Contact the college for more details.