JAVA SE 8 Level 1 – Associate
This Java SE 8 Fundamentals training teaches students with little or no programming experience to begin to learn programming using the Java programming language. It explores the significance of object-oriented programming, the keywords and constructs of the Java programming language and the steps required to create simple Java technology programs.
This Java SE 8 Associate training teaches students with little or no programming experience to begin to learn to program using the Java programming language. It explores the significance of object-oriented programming, the keywords and constructs of the Java programming language and the steps required to create simple Java technology programs.
This hands-on Java SE 8 Associate course provides an introduction to programming using the Java language. Students are introduced to the java building blocks, Object Oriented Programming techniques, and specific language syntax. The course introduces important algorithmic constructs, string and character manipulation, dynamic memory allocation and fundamental object-oriented programming concepts. The course explains the use of inheritance and polymorphism, implementing interfaces and abstraction early on so the students can practice extensively in the hands on labs. Object oriented programming techniques with the concept of SOA, Service Oriented Architecture, and exception handling is emphasised. The course includes an introduction to Netbeans, a recommended framework by Oracle Corporation for almost all kind of java application, so the student will be able to write flexible, user friendly programs.
- History of java.
- Concept of Object Oriented Programming (OOP).
- Fundamentals of java programming.
- Java class structure.
- Main method.
- Package declaration and imports.
- Creating objects.
- Order elements in class.
- Garbage collection.
- Java operators.
- Java statements.
- Advance flow control.
- Core Java API.
- Java, equality.
- Java, Array.
- Java, Array list.
- Java, Date and time.
- Java, Methods.
- Java, Constructors.
- Java, Encapsulation.
- Class inheritance.
- Java, Abstraction.
- Java, Exception handling.
Who does this qualification suits to (Audience)?
This qualification suits the following:
- Technical Consultant
- Portal Developer
- Technical Administrator
- Application Developers
- System Administrator
- Project Manager
- Web Administrator
What will students learn during this course delivery?
- Use various Java programming language constructs to create several Java technology applications.
- Use decision and looping constructs and methods to dictate program flow.
- Perform basic error handling for your Java technology programs.
- Implement intermediate Java programming and Object Oriented Programming (OOP) concepts in Java technology programs.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Java technology and the Java programming language.
- Fundamental elements of programming
- Interactive Development Environment (IDE) concepts
- Classes, objects and methods
- Declaring and instantiating a Java object
- Using conditional and looping constructs
- Declaring and instantiating arrays
- Using and creating interfaces
- Defining classes using inheritance
- Exception handling
- Formatting output with class Formatter
- Using strings, characters and regular expressions
Participate in Hands-On Exercises
You’ll gain hands on experience with basic object oriented programming concepts like inheritance, encapsulation and abstraction. Learn to create and use simple Java classes containing arrays, loops and conditional statements.
Comprehensive hands on exercises are integrated throughout to reinforce learning and develop real competency.
The Training Course for the Java Certification Exam has all the programming concepts required to learn to appear for this Exam. Initially, the concepts required for the Object Oriented Programming are taught. The effort is focused on improving your understanding, capacity and confidence on programming in an object oriented way. While teaching the language, all the individual concepts are taught from different angles with small exercises. We make sure all the concepts are learnt at every step of the way and if doing so requires additional hours, we ask for your permissions.
About Java Certification Exams:
Oracle Java Certification is recognised in IT industry. The process of becoming Java certified broadens your knowledge and deepens your skills through exposure to a wide array of important features. As you prepare for these certification exams, you’ll work your way through hands-on exercises, which expands your capabilities as a Java developer. Additionally, the certification exams validate your capabilities. You will become more valuable to your current and future employer, increase job security, earn more money* and improve your future prospects. For new comers, Java Certifications improve job prospects. For a Programmer, there is a Level I and Level II Exam.
Get Your Java Certification
You can use this course for further development of your skills in Java language. Immersing yourself in this content will help you prepare for the Oracle Certified Professional, Java SE 8 Programmer Exam.
Prerequisite for JAVA SE 8 Fundamental Course:
- No Entry Requirement and no prior programming skills required to go into Level I certification
- Oracle Certified Associate, Java SE 8 Programmer Exam(1Z0-808):
It is a Programmer Level I Exam: This certification exam provides an ideal entry into an application development or a software project management career using Java technologies. This worldwide credential validates basic knowledge of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) Concepts, the Java programming language, and general knowledge of Java Platforms and Technologies.
Candidates for this exam include: entry level Java programmers, students studying to become Java programmers, project or program managers working with Java technology in the software development industry.
Introducing the Java Technology
- Relating Java with other languages
- Showing how to download, install, and configure the Java environment on a Windows system.
- Describing the various Java technologies such as Java EE, JavaME, Embedded Java SE
- Describing key features of the technology and the advantages of using Java
- Using an Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
Thinking in Objects
- Defining the problem domain
- Identifying objects and recognizing the criteria for defining objects
Introducing the Java Language
- Defining classes
- Identifying the components of a class
- Creating and using a test class
- Compiling and executing a test program
Working with Primitive Variables
- Declaring and initializing field variables
- Describing primitive data types such as integral, floating point, textual, and logical
- Declaring variables and assigning values
- Using constants
- Using arithmetic operators to modify values
Working with Objects
- Declaring and initializing objects
- Storing objects in memory
- Using object references to manipulate data
- Using JSE javadocs to look up the methods of a class
- Working with String and StringBuilder objects
Using operators and decision constructs
- Using relational and conditional operators
- Testing equality between strings
- Evaluating different conditions in a program and determining the algorithm
- Creating if and if/else constructs
- Nesting and chaining conditional statements
- Using a switch statement
Creating and Using Arrays
- Declaring, instantiating, and initializing a one-dimensional Array
- Declaring, instantiating, and initializing a two-dimensional Array
- Using a for loop to process an Array
- Creating and initializing an Array List
- Using the import statement to work with existing Java APIs
- Accessing a value in an Array and Array List
- Using the args Array
Using Loop Constructs
- Creating while loops and nested while loops
- Developing a for loop
- Using Array Lists with for loops
- Developing a do while loop
- Understanding variable scope
Working with Methods and Method Overloading
- Creating and Invoking a Method
- Passing arguments and returning values
- Creating static methods and variables
- Using modifiers
- Overloading a method
Using Encapsulation and Constructors
- Creating constructors
- Implementing encapsulation
Introducing Advanced Object Oriented Concepts
- Using inheritance
- Using types of polymorphism such as overloading, overriding, and dynamic binding
- Working with super classes and subclasses
- Adding abstraction to your analysis and design
- Understanding the purpose of Java interfaces
- Creating and implementing a Java interface
- Understanding the different kinds of errors that can occur and how they are handled in Java
- Understanding the different kinds of Exceptions in Java
- Using Java ocs to research the Exceptions thrown by the methods of foundation classes
- Writing code to handle Exceptions
The Big Picture
- Creating packages and JAR files for deployment using java
- Two and three tier architectures
- Looking at some Java applications examples
This course is FREE (SAAS part-time funding) to anyone who is on benefits or earning £25,000 or less, given that they have not used SAAS/ILA funding towards any other course/training in the last 12 months.
Those in receipt of following benefits are automatically eligible:
- Jobseekers allowance
- Income support
- Incapacity Benefit/Employment Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit (minimum rate)
- Pension Credit
Apply for course funding
Our Courses are fully funded by SAAS: Student Awards Agency for Scotland
Please visit the SAAS website www.saas.gov.uk to see your eligibility.
For Students who don’t qualify for the above fundings:
How much will this course cost?
If for any reason you do not qualify for SAAS funding our fees are as follows for students living in UK or the European Union:
|Vender Neutral (can be paid in instalments)||£400+ VAT|
|SQA Accredited (PDA) (can be paid in instalments)||£400|
Fees are payable in advance at the start of course unless otherwise agreed.
We also provide flexible fee instalments to help students in paying their fee.
There are a number of other funding opportunities available to UK and EU students to help them to pay for their studies. Contact the college for more details.
No Reviews found for this course.